Re: [midatlanticretro] Oldest operational hardware

    Message 1 of 33 , Jul 30, 2012
      On 07/25/2012 10:14 AM, Mike Loewen wrote:
      > New thread - what is the oldest OPERATIONAL vintage computer technology
      > in your collection?
      >
      > 1. IBM 029 keypunch, ca. 1968
      >
      > 2. IMSAI 8080, ca. 1976
      >
      > I know there are older pieces out there, e.g. Dave Gesswein's
      > Straight-8.

      Chiming in WAY late here, sorry.

      My oldest running system is a DEC PDP-8/e, built in 1970.

      My oldest non-operational system is a Heath H-1 analog computer, built
      in 1956. It needs a little attention in the capacitor department, and
      some wiring needs to be replaced due to cracked insulation, then it
      should be good to go.

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      New Kensington, PA
    • David Gesswein
      Message 33 of 33 , Jul 31, 2012
        On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 02:39:45AM +0000, Evan Koblentz wrote:
        > >> I only have the one 8e. It's not a '70. More like 72-74 I think.
        >
        > What year is MARCH's? Or: Where on the chassis do I look to find out?

        Yours didn't have any external label with the date that I can remember. On
        the backplanes one was labeled I think 1970 and the other was a couple
        years later. It also had one 3 digit processor card. It may have been
        bought as a single backplane machine and upgrade or they had to replace
        a bad backplane.