[midatlanticretro] Museum today

  • Jeffrey Brace
    Message 1 of 66 , Jul 29, 2012
      From: Evan Koblentz
      Sent: Sunday, July 29, 2012 11:24 PM

      >I brought the Apple 1 back today. Corey brought us some extra-long power
      >strips so there are fewer daisy-chained. Also I hosted some VIP visitors
      >today from Claude's RESISTORS club ahead of the 8/11 memorial.

      >Jeff B. will update us all later about what he and Alise worked on in the
      >storage area.

      Alise and I worked on sorting through the many boxes of miscellaneous
      Commodore stuff donated by Bryan Pope. The goal was consolidation. We were
      able to do that by sorting through the boxes and separating software from
      books/magazines from miscellaneous hardware. We consolidated enough stuff to
      empty about 10-12 boxes of various sizes. Like stuff was put into the same
      box and some hardware was put on the metal shelving with the other commodore
      stuff. There is still much sorting and reorganizing to do. It went pretty
      well with two people, but one or two more people would make it much faster.
      We are at a point where we have lots of little items that have to be put
      here or there, so there is time spent going back and forth to different
      areas where stuff is stored. So there is still some work to be done to put
      like items together. I spent about 4 hours with Alise and then took a 1 hour
      break, and then cleaned up and finished what we were working on during the
      next 1 and half hours. It is looking more organized, but we still have a
      ways to go before all the stuff has been sorted through and it looks the way
      it was before.
      Message 66 of 66 , Sep 15, 2012
        > I spent 5+ years there (4th Fl. Myers Ctr aka. the Hexagon) and I didn't hear anything about any alumni function.

        Sent you a private email just now.