Re: [midatlanticretro] Urgent!! Perq rescue for MARCH

  • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 29 5:05 PM
      B Degnan <billdeg@...> writes:

      >Dec stuff: 4 Vt102's i got 1 vt103 ditto 1 decmate ii...I could not get
      >to it! Buried in a mountain of lighting pot= s.
      >
      >Nothing else DEC --=20 Sent from my PDP 8/e.

      OK. I have an original VT100 here still in the box. I was hoping that
      there might have been some newer VTs (VT200, VT300, VT400, VT500 series)
      available.
    • Mr Ian Primus
      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 29 5:26 PM
        --- On Sun, 7/29/12, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

        > 1 vt103 ditto

        *Very* nice score. I've been looking for one of those for a long time now. That's a very interesting beastie with lots of fun possibilities.

        -Ian
      • Mr Ian Primus
        Message 3 of 20 , Jul 29 5:29 PM
          --- On Sun, 7/29/12, system@... <system@...> wrote:

          > I was hoping that
          > there might have been some newer VTs (VT200, VT300, VT400,
          > VT500 series)
          > available.

          I might have an extra VT220 if you don't mind school property markings... I would have to do some digging. I don't know if I have any extra good keyboards though. Those stupid LK201 keyboards suck, and when the membranes go bad there's no fixing them.

          I've got 420s too, I think, but again, very short on keyboards.

          -Ian
        • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
          Message 4 of 20 , Jul 29 5:40 PM
            Mr Ian Primus <ian_primus@...> writes:

            >I might have an extra VT220 if you don't mind school property
            >markings... I would have to do some digging. I don't know if I have any
            >extra good keyboards though. Those stupid LK201 keyboards suck, and when
            >the membranes go bad there's no fixing them.
            >
            >I've got 420s too, I think, but again, very short on keyboards.

            I have many VTs. My goal is to acquire at least one of each model
            and screen color. I'd like to fill out my VT300/VT400 collection.
            I have a VT510 and an VT525, so my VT500 series is pretty complete.

            I never had any problems with my LK201 keyboards but then, mine have
            never been used in some of the filthy places I've seen VTs located
            in the field!