Re: How far would you drive to p/u a rare vintage puter?

  • john_apw
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 4, 2006
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Chris M <chrism3667@...>
      wrote:

      > --- evan <evan@...> wrote:
      >
      > > I agree with Kelly -- "it depends" is the answer.
      > >
      > > First variable -- how bad do I want it?
      >
      > Ok, you want it REALLY REALLY BAD!
      >
      > > Second variable -- can't they ship it?
      >
      > NOT ALLOWED! The question wouldn't be coming up if it
      > was that easy.
      >
      > > Third variable -- can we use a middleman?
      >
      > CUT OUT THE MIDDLEMAN! Also invalid.

      Hmm... I seem to remember bringing a certain Digtal system from
      Pearl River to InfoAge, just so you could have access to it...

      I had no interest in the machine, but because I was closer to it
      than you, I was willing to "relay" it.

      So I think your answer to #2 is "INVALID".

      -John M.

      To all: I still think that having people doing pickups close to home
      then arranging a "relay" is more effective than everyone driving
      everywhere individually. Would depend on whether everyone can
      cooperate, and if people can resist grabbing things for themselves.

      If anyone needs a pickup in Northern NJ and subsequent "relay" to
      the south or west, let me know. If I have the time, I'll participate
      (without grabbing).

      -John
    • Chris M
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 4, 2006
        no its not, unless youre willing to drive to Lake
        George, ahem, for me. I also dont know anyone up that
        way. Hence my response. And Id have to say thats a
        peculiar reply to a post thats largely a goof. Ill
        respond further offlist when I have the oppurtunity.

        http://mail.yahoo.com