stuff in Phila Warehouse

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 28, 2012
      I was only there for about 25 minutes. It's way too much stuff to review
      in that small time. On my way out I noticed the Perq-1 computer (complete,
      I even saw a set of 8" disks) in a little office in the back.

      I did not have time to take anything, I had an appointment I could not miss
      and I am going away for the rest of the day today.

      In addition to the Perq-1, in the small amt of time I saw

      IBM keyboard(s)
      DEC Terminal(s) and keyboards
      Wyse terminals
      Intel dual 8" drive (like the one MARCH has)
      Vector Graphics external drive enclosure
      disk drives (loose)
      TRS 80 Model 16D (did not see keyboard)

      THere was an old terminal (forget the name) but I recognized it as
      historic, probably from the early 70's. ADDS or something like that.

      There were those large tape units, but I take Dave's word for it that
      they're not for computers. They look like they'd be for computers.

      These are items I saw walking through isle after isle of radio, broadcast,
      electrical surplus items from the late 60's and early 70's.

      Tons of boxes full of mystery stuff.

      I simply did not have the time to do a proper review, you'd need 3-4 hours
      to look through it all. Someone should get over there at least to get the
      Perq-1. 618 South 62nd Street (off the top of my head) in West Phila near
      route 1.

      I bought two VT-100 terminals for $27. I left two more for someone else,
      at least.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 28, 2012
        >> Someone should get over there at least to get the Perq-1.

        As a reward: whoever gets this for us (in addition to your reimbursement) can have one item in trade from the MARCH collection. Yes, there are catches: nothing too exotic / rare / valuable / etc. .... Up to my discretion. :)
      • Mr Ian Primus
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 28, 2012
          --- On Sat, 7/28/12, B. Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

          > THere was an old terminal (forget the name) but I recognized
          > it as
          > historic, probably from the early 70's.  ADDS or
          > something like that.

          I would be very interested in this if anyone goes out there. And other odd, old terminals too, of course. :)

          -Ian
        • William Donzelli
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 28, 2012
            > I was only there for about 25 minutes. It's way too much stuff to review
            > in that small time. On my way out I noticed the Perq-1 computer (complete,
            > I even saw a set of 8" disks) in a little office in the back.
            > I bought two VT-100 terminals for $27. I left two more for someone else,
            > at least.

            You bought VT-100s but left a PERQ? I question your sanity.

            --
            Will
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 28, 2012
              You don't know the circumstances so I will not be offended.
              bd

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 28, 2012
                >>I question your sanity.

                Becoming a MARCH leader requires a sanity test. Anyone who passes is automatically disqualified. :)
              • jaj@totallyamused.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 28, 2012
                  Why isn't this Facebook do so I can like this!