Urgent!! Perq rescue for MARCH

    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 28, 2012
      All: Bill Deg. called me and said that Philly warehouse guy from yesterday's thread has a Perq-1 for $45. MARCH almost * never * buys stuff, but this is a very good deal for a very rare computer. Can someone go there ASAP and pick it up for us? We'll reimburse promptly.
      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 28, 2012
        >> All: Bill Deg. called me and said that Philly warehouse guy from yesterday's thread has a Perq-1 for $45. MARCH almost * never * buys stuff, but this is a very good deal for a very rare computer. Can someone go there ASAP and pick it up for us? We'll reimburse promptly

        Bill also says there's a Tandy Model 16D, Intel 8" drive, some DEC terminal, a vector graphics monitor, and a bunch of mystery items in boxes. MARCH isn't interested in buying any of that except the Perq, but some of you might be.
      • Rilker Frota Cavalcante
        Message 3 of 20 , Jul 28, 2012
          Help here !

          If anyone, living close this warehouse, and CAN pick up the 16D and Intel and-or 1 DEC terminal, will be great. I am in Brazil, But will be in Philly in August...

          I know is ask too much.... but, never hurts !!!

          Tks

          Message 4 of 20 , Jul 28, 2012
            I will probably go up tomorrow if no one else can.
            bd

            > If anyone, living close this warehouse, and CAN pick up the 16D and
            Intel
            > and-or 1 DEC terminal, will be great. I am in Brazil, But will be in
            Philly
            > in August...
            >
            > I know is ask too much.... but, never hurts !!!
            >
            > Tks
            >
            > On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 11:47 AM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:
            >
            > > **

            > > yesterday's thread has a Perq-1 for $45. MARCH almost * never * buys
            stuff,
            > > but this is a very good deal for a very rare computer. Can someone go
            there
            > > ASAP and pick it up for us? We'll reimburse promptly
            > >
            > > Bill also says there's a Tandy Model 16D, Intel 8" drive, some DEC
            > > terminal, a vector graphics monitor, and a bunch of mystery items in
            boxes.
            > > MARCH isn't interested in buying any of that except the Perq, but some
            of
            > > you might be.

          • Mike Loewen
            Message 5 of 20 , Jul 28, 2012
              On Sat, 28 Jul 2012, B. Degnan wrote:

              > I will probably go up tomorrow if no one else can.

              What is a Model 16D? I haven't run across that one.

              Mike Loewen mloewen@...
              Message 6 of 20 , Jul 28, 2012
                >> I will probably go up tomorrow if no one else can.

                Thank you. Perq will be a very nice addition to our collection.
              • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
                Message 7 of 20 , Jul 29, 2012
                  "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> writes:

                  >All: Bill Deg. called me and said that Philly warehouse guy from
                  >yesterday's thread has a Perq-1 for $45. MARCH almost * never * buys
                  >stuff, but this is a very good deal for a very rare computer. Can
                  >someone go there ASAP and pick it up for us? We'll reim burse promptly.

                  Where's the warehouse in Philly and what's the procedure to get things
                  from it???
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jul 29, 2012
                    >> Where's the warehouse in Philly and what's the procedure to get things from it???

                    1. Address is in one of yesterday's messages.
                    2. If you can go today, then consult w/ Degnan so you don't both go.
                    3. Call the # in the Craigslist ad to ensure they are open.
                  • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
                    Message 9 of 20 , Jul 29, 2012
                      "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> writes:

                      >1. Address is in one of yesterday's messages. 2. If you can go today,
                      >then consult w/ Degnan so you don't both go. 3. Call the # in the
                      >Craigslist ad to ensure they are open.

                      Perused the Yoohoo threads of "stuff in Phila Warehouse" and "Urgent!!
                      Perq rescue for MARCH" and didn't see mention of the address or of the
                      Craigslist ad.

                      Nevermind.
                      Message 10 of 20 , Jul 29, 2012
                        >> didn't see mention of the address or of the Craigslist ad. Nevermind.

                        As in "I found it" or as in "I give up"? :)
                      • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
                        Message 11 of 20 , Jul 29, 2012
                          "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> writes:

                          >>> didn't see mention of the address or of the Craigslist ad. Nevermind.
                          >
                          >As in "I found it" or as in "I give up"? :)

                          Latter. I'll use my day, instead, for making money in lieu of spending it.
                        • David Gesswein
                          Message 12 of 20 , Jul 29, 2012

                            Message 13 of 20 , Jul 29, 2012
                              I am here at the place now.
                              --
                              Sent from my PDP 8/e.
                            • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
                              Message 14 of 20 , Jul 29, 2012
                                B Degnan <billdeg@...> writes:

                                >I am here at the place now. --=20 Sent from my PDP 8/e.

                                You lugged your PDP 8/e to west Philly? :)

                                What's still there in old DEC kit?
                              • Rilker Frota Cavalcante
                                Message 15 of 20 , Jul 29, 2012
                                  Hey bill,

                                  Share your view :)))

                                  Message 16 of 20 , Jul 29, 2012
                                    Dec stuff:
                                    4 Vt102's i got
                                    1 vt103 ditto
                                    1 decmate ii...I could not get to it! Buried in a mountain of lighting pots.

                                    Nothing else DEC
                                    --
                                    Sent from my PDP 8/e.
                                  • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Jul 29, 2012
                                      B Degnan <billdeg@...> writes:

                                      >Dec stuff: 4 Vt102's i got 1 vt103 ditto 1 decmate ii...I could not get
                                      >to it! Buried in a mountain of lighting pot= s.
                                      >
                                      >Nothing else DEC --=20 Sent from my PDP 8/e.

                                      OK. I have an original VT100 here still in the box. I was hoping that
                                      there might have been some newer VTs (VT200, VT300, VT400, VT500 series)
                                      available.
                                    • Mr Ian Primus
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Jul 29, 2012
                                        --- On Sun, 7/29/12, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

                                        > 1 vt103 ditto

                                        *Very* nice score. I've been looking for one of those for a long time now. That's a very interesting beastie with lots of fun possibilities.

                                        -Ian
                                      • Mr Ian Primus
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Jul 29, 2012
                                          --- On Sun, 7/29/12, system@... <system@...> wrote:

                                          > I was hoping that
                                          > there might have been some newer VTs (VT200, VT300, VT400,
                                          > VT500 series)
                                          > available.

                                          I might have an extra VT220 if you don't mind school property markings... I would have to do some digging. I don't know if I have any extra good keyboards though. Those stupid LK201 keyboards suck, and when the membranes go bad there's no fixing them.

                                          I've got 420s too, I think, but again, very short on keyboards.

                                          -Ian
                                        • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
                                          Message 20 of 20 , Jul 29, 2012
                                            Mr Ian Primus <ian_primus@...> writes:

                                            >I might have an extra VT220 if you don't mind school property
                                            >markings... I would have to do some digging. I don't know if I have any
                                            >extra good keyboards though. Those stupid LK201 keyboards suck, and when
                                            >the membranes go bad there's no fixing them.
                                            >
                                            >I've got 420s too, I think, but again, very short on keyboards.

                                            I have many VTs. My goal is to acquire at least one of each model
                                            and screen color. I'd like to fill out my VT300/VT400 collection.
                                            I have a VT510 and an VT525, so my VT500 series is pretty complete.

                                            I never had any problems with my LK201 keyboards but then, mine have
                                            never been used in some of the filthy places I've seen VTs located
                                            in the field!