Stuff to show at show...

  • cowfeemee
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 13, 2005
      Hi, I'm new to the group, and will be at TCF. Anybody interested in
      seeing/acquiring an Epson QX=10 with a Titan Technology Adapter that
      allows the Epson (a CP/M machine) to do DOS?
    • Chris McKinley
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 13, 2005
        interested
        --- cowfeemee@... <cowfeemee@...> wrote:

        > Hi, I'm new to the group, and will be at TCF.
        Anybody interested in
        > seeing/acquiring an Epson QX=10 with a Titan
        Technology Adapter that
        > allows the Epson (a CP/M machine) to do DOS?

      • Evan
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 13, 2005
          Of course, we should all remember that we're not allowed to buy/sell at the show.

          ...And also that whatever we do ** out ** of the public's and show staff's view does no harm.  ;)

          > Hi, I'm new to the group, and will be at TCF.
          Anybody interested in
          > seeing/acquiring an Epson QX=10 with a
          Titan
          Technology Adapter that
          > allows the Epson (a CP/M machine) to
          do DOS?

        • David Bassett
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 14, 2005
            Hi there, Dave Bassett here. Incidently, this is the first time I've used the Yahoo site to check Emails.....Anyway....About the Epson QX-10. I was not looking to sell it, I was looking for someone to give it to who would want to tinker with it. I Also thought it would be neat to display at the show, the only drawback being this unit's interest is it's historical interest, not a real dazzling display of any type. Anyway, I'll bring it, I just need a way to get in touch wth you once there at the show. Also, so you know : last time I had the unit out and running was, well let's see...Oh my, that was about 10 years ago. At that time, It had only one issue, and that was that if the unit was cold, (like if the house was cool and you just came home and started the heat, or, if you brought the unit in rrom the cold outside) the disk drive would spin, but would only deliver an error message. If you just let the unit warm up, it worked fine. Apparently, the floppy's head alignment is on the edge in cooler temps. I'm going to try to find the time Friday just to power it up and see how it's fared in the attic. Dave.

            Chris McKinley <chrism3667@...> wrote:
            interested

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 14, 2005

              There will be a room off of the main show floor called "Special Exhibits".  That is where we'll be.

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 14, 2005
                Hi there Evan, Dave Bassett here (cowfeemee.... I had to twist up enough letters to get a variation of 'coffee' to be unique enough not to have been taken already) ; nice to connect up. My sincerest apology on not getting back to you after you responded to my original inquiry. I thought the response would show up on the postings, though it did not. I'm still new to Yahoo also. Then It occurred to me to try Yahoo's site, and Voila! there you were. OK: ?'s first, then some answers, & I'll try to keep this short as I'm sure you have alot af communication things you have to be doing now.
                1 : Our parking pass = telling the parking person you're with special exhibits and Erik Wendt?
                2 : Whats LOL?
                Answers:
                1 : I found out about MARCH from entry on TCF site, mentioning it's presence there this year.
                2 : I'm in your hometown, Springfield, N.J.
                3 : My interests : computers from '386's to now. Other than keeping my main workaday computer functioning (a challenge, since it's a windows 98 machine), getting computers I find off the street on "Clean up days" working. In so doing, you see alot of how different manufacturers solved similiar problems. Also of interest to me was what was around in WWII years - computers, Ultra stuff, and Britain's home chain radar equipment of those years. And while I'm on interests, B-17's and Spitfires. All for now....see you there!
                Oh, and before I forget: My cell # : 908 670 9485.

                --- cowfeemee@... <cowfeemee@...> wrote:

                > Hi, I'm new to the group, and will be at TCF.
                Anybody interested in
                > seeing/acquiring an Epson QX=10 with a Titan
                Technology Adapter that
                > allows the Epson (a CP/M machine) to do DOS?

                Do you Yahoo!?

              • Evan
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 14, 2005
                  Dave,

                  Just so we're clear, this time you DID reply to the whole group... (which I suppose is fine, we're friendly!)...

                  >>> 1 : Our parking pass = telling the parking person you're with special exhibits and Erik Wendt?
                  I was referring to our members who are participating in our club exhibit at the Trenton Computer Festival this weekend.  There are eight or nine of us doing so, and the TCF's staff is giving us VIP parking.  To ensure that, these members just have to inform the parking volunteers...

                  >>> 2 : Whats LOL?
                  Standard internet term for "kidding around / amusement" -- technically it's "laugh out loud".  Similar to using a smiley face  :)

                  >>> I'm in your hometown, Springfield, N.J.

                  Excellent!  Let's meet sometime, if not this weekend at TCF.

                  >>> My interests : computers from '386's to now. Other than keeping my main workaday computer functioning (a challenge, since it's a windows 98 machine), getting computers I find off the street on "Clean up days" working. In so doing, you see alot of how different manufacturers solved similiar problems. Also of interest to me was what was around in WWII years

                  Ummm... so you're into anything from the 40s and 90s, but nothing in between?  That calls for a "LOL"...

                  I'm sure you understand this, but just in case -- remember that by "vintage" or "retro" we don't mean 286, 386 kind of stuff.  We mean, at the latest and with certain exceptions, computers from the pre-x86 era.  Once 286 and Windows/Intel took over, it got boring, you know?  Basically the difference between a 386 and, say, a Northstar Horizon is similar to the difference between a 1975 Chevy and a 1957 Chevy: one's just a used car, the other's an antique.  :)

                  Hope to see you in Trenton (actually, Ewing Township) this weekend.

                  --- cowfeemee@... <cowfeemee@...> wrote:

                  > Hi, I'm new to the group, and will be at TCF.
                  Anybody interested in
                  > seeing/acquiring an Epson QX=10 with a Titan
                  Technology Adapter that
                  > allows the Epson (a CP/M machine) to do DOS?

                  Do you Yahoo!?

                • Erik Wendt
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 15, 2005
                    All,

                    Don't try to come to the college Friday night. Apparently the commercial exhibitors will be unloading Friday AFTERNOON. If you want to get your equipment in that day, you will need to see Joel Waxman. Erik Wendt (me) and/or Jack Calton can help you Saturday morning. I anticipate being there around 7AM, although the show does not start until 10AM. Also, my cell phone is 484-515-7905.

                    Regards,

                    Erik Wendt