Readme! Upcoming MARCH events

    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 22, 2012
      - Aug. 11: Claude Kagan memorial starting at 3:30pm (InfoAge)
      - Sept. 29-30: Maker Faire NYC (Queens, NY)
      - Oct. 13-14: NJ Science & Engineering Festival (Clifton, NJ)

      Big questions:
      1. Should we have another tech weekend before the "Vintage Computer Festivus" this winter?
      2. When in December should we hold Festivus weekend, anyhow?

      (For those who joined MARCH after last December: We call our weekend-long holiday party "Vintage Computer Festivus" as a double play on words: First being a play on our big public spring event (Vintage Computer Festival) and second on the Seinfeld reference ("A festivus for the rest of us!"))
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 22, 2012
        On 07/23/2012 12:29 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
        > 1. Should we have another tech weekend before the "Vintage Computer Festivus" this winter?

        Yes! I'd like to try to make it to the next one.

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        New Kensington, PA
      • William Donzelli
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 26, 2012
          > - Aug. 11: Claude Kagan memorial starting at 3:30pm (InfoAge)

          With a basement cleanout session happening in the morning. Details to
          follow, as Evan forms them up.

          > 1. Should we have another tech weekend before the "Vintage Computer
          > Festivus" this winter?

          Yes.

          --
          Will
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 29, 2012
            Mission accompl
            --
            Sent from my PDP 8/e.
          • Matt Patoray
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 29, 2012
              Mission accompl
              --
              Sent from my PDP 8/e.

              Woot Woot Bill!!

              Can't wait to see it!

              Matt

              Sent from my iPhone

              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 29, 2012
                Steve G. told me just now that one of the radio club guys was also at that warehouse today and may be bringing stuff for us. Bill -- did you run into him (John T.) or just a coincidence?
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 29, 2012
                  Missing keyboard, ug. Could not find anywhere. No Perq software as I had hoped. No docs either. Just the system and display.
                  Sent from my PDP 8/e.
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 29, 2012
                    Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

                    >Steve G. told me just now that one of the radio club guys was also at
                    >that warehouse today and may be bringing stuff for us. Bill -- did you
                    >run into him (John T.) or just a coincidence?
                    >

                    >-------------------------------

                    No i was the only insane person spending a sunday morning in a filthy warehouse looking through a literal mountain of junk ... but I got some pretty good stuff ... Will post photos asap.
                    --
                    Sent from my PDP 8/e.
                  • William Donzelli
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 29, 2012
                      > Mission accompl

                      Excellent work. Your sanity is restored. Or at least "different" in
                      the eyes of DSM 4.

                      --
                      Will
                    • Mr Ian Primus
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 29, 2012
                        --- On Sun, 7/29/12, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

                        > No i was the only insane person spending a sunday morning in
                        > a filthy warehouse looking through a literal mountain of
                        > junk ... but I got some pretty good stuff ... Will post
                        > photos asap.

                        I was quite close to going myself, and it's actually a good thing I didn't... I was doing some routine errands today and the brakes failed on the van. That would *not* have been fun if I had been on the highway hauling hundreds of pounds of computer stuff.

                        -Ian