Re: [midatlanticretro] This Sunday @ InfoAge

  • Chris M
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2006
      never can commit to anything. But I may be able to
      make it...

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2006
        Evan,
        I can't come this Sunday, but I will be there on the 1st, and I can get
        there early to help set up. I had planned to bring a "join the Regular US
        Army / ENIAC ad for the exhibit, very cool. Contact me off list about
        logistics if you need to coordinate. I should have the posters ready by
        then too, for sale.
        Bill D

        At 12:48 PM 3/2/2006 -0500, you wrote:
        >Hello fellow MARCHins,
        >
        >InfoAge's next big event is April 1; this time it's a "site transfer day".
        >All of the member groups are expected to have a small exhibit. People who
        >attend on April 1 might have money or old computers to share with us. (The
        >same kind of event was how we acquired the HP 300A Harmonic Wave Analyzer,
        >circa mid/late-1940s, last summer.)
        >
        >The exhibits will be in our museum preview rooms. As I explained before,
        >our room is small (about 11x12 ft.) but at least the light finally works.
        >:)
        >
        >Therefore this Sunday is an * excellent * day to visit InfoAge and help
        >develop MARCH's preview room. I'll be there at about 1:00 but we could
        >possibly start earlier in the day. The preview can include any combination
        >of Grabbe stuff / MARCH stuff / individual stuff.
        >
        >What I'm thinking is that we can bring some of the neat-looking Grabbe items
        >upstairs, and also have three or four working systems from our personal
        >collections to demonstrate. For example I might bring my Grid Compass 1101.
        >In addition, Fred says that if we make 8.5x11-inch signs in JPEG resolutions
        >of at least 30dpi, then he can print them as 11x17 posters. I think that's
        >pretty cool, because we can hang up posters with background information,
        >etc.
        >
        >I can't do this alone; I need help. It has to get done. Who else can
        >commit to helping this Sunday? (For those who haven't been to InfoAge yet,
        >you'll also get to see the rest of the place.)
        >
        >Evan
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Joe Giliberti
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2, 2006
          might be able to get there, but no promises