Re: [midatlanticretro] HOPE in NYC

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 3, 2012
      On 07/04/2012 02:23 AM, telmnstr@... wrote:
      >> Officially this thing is known as the Western Electric 1A
      >> Microprocessor Trainer.
      >
      > 3B2 use Western Electric CPUs right?

      Yes, WE-32000.

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      New Kensington, PA
    • William Donzelli
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 4, 2012
        > 3B2 use Western Electric CPUs right?

        Yes, but the 1A used a different CPU, called the MAC8.

        --
        Will
      • Systems Glitch
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 4, 2012
          > My friend asked, what are you going to have? He was thinking of gettting a
          > head start on some custom software. He's sad his TRS-80 qr code app didn't
          > work I think.

          Heh, I believe he tried to get that running on my Kaypro II, using hashes displayed on-screen from a Perl script running on OpenBSD on a Sun SPARC Classic. Perhaps he could try again -- I've got a bi-color 8x8 LED matrix module that could probably be interfaced to my 8085 SBC.

          Thanks,
          Jonathan