Re: [midatlanticretro] HOPE in NYC

  • telmnstr@757.org
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 3, 2012
      > Officially this thing is known as the Western Electric 1A
      > Microprocessor Trainer.

      3B2 use Western Electric CPUs right?

      - Ethan
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 3, 2012
        On 07/04/2012 02:23 AM, telmnstr@... wrote:
        >> Officially this thing is known as the Western Electric 1A
        >> Microprocessor Trainer.
        >
        > 3B2 use Western Electric CPUs right?

        Yes, WE-32000.

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        New Kensington, PA
      • William Donzelli
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 4, 2012
          > 3B2 use Western Electric CPUs right?

          Yes, but the 1A used a different CPU, called the MAC8.

          --
          Will
        • Systems Glitch
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 4, 2012
            > My friend asked, what are you going to have? He was thinking of gettting a
            > head start on some custom software. He's sad his TRS-80 qr code app didn't
            > work I think.

            Heh, I believe he tried to get that running on my Kaypro II, using hashes displayed on-screen from a Perl script running on OpenBSD on a Sun SPARC Classic. Perhaps he could try again -- I've got a bi-color 8x8 LED matrix module that could probably be interfaced to my 8085 SBC.

            Thanks,
            Jonathan