Re: [midatlanticretro] HOPE in NYC

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 3, 2012
      >>> Bell Labs Bellmac

      >> Officially this thing is known as the Western Electric 1A Microprocessor Trainer.

      Thanks.

      It was a nice surprise to have you join us this weekend. Hope you can do so again next time.
    • telmnstr@757.org
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 3, 2012
        > Officially this thing is known as the Western Electric 1A
        > Microprocessor Trainer.

        3B2 use Western Electric CPUs right?

        - Ethan
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 3, 2012
          On 07/04/2012 02:23 AM, telmnstr@... wrote:
          >> Officially this thing is known as the Western Electric 1A
          >> Microprocessor Trainer.
          >
          > 3B2 use Western Electric CPUs right?

          Yes, WE-32000.

          Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
          New Kensington, PA
        • William Donzelli
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 4, 2012
            > 3B2 use Western Electric CPUs right?

            Yes, but the 1A used a different CPU, called the MAC8.

            --
            Will
          • Systems Glitch
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 4, 2012
              > My friend asked, what are you going to have? He was thinking of gettting a
              > head start on some custom software. He's sad his TRS-80 qr code app didn't
              > work I think.

              Heh, I believe he tried to get that running on my Kaypro II, using hashes displayed on-screen from a Perl script running on OpenBSD on a Sun SPARC Classic. Perhaps he could try again -- I've got a bi-color 8x8 LED matrix module that could probably be interfaced to my 8085 SBC.

              Thanks,
              Jonathan