Re: [midatlanticretro] HOPE in NYC

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 3, 2012
      >> My friend asked, what are you going to have?

      We're going with a theme this year -- single-board computers. We're bringing a Mostek KIM-1, Apple 1 (replica), Heathkit 3400, Bell Labs Bellmac, and RCA Cosmac VIP. Also might bring a Synertek SYM-1 and an Intel 8086 dev system. Jon C. ("Systems Glitch") is bringing his homebrewed 8085 SBC.
    • William Donzelli
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 3, 2012
        > Bell Labs Bellmac

        Officially this thing is known as the Western Electric 1A
        Microprocessor Trainer.

        --
        Will
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 3, 2012
          >>> Bell Labs Bellmac

          >> Officially this thing is known as the Western Electric 1A Microprocessor Trainer.

          Thanks.

          It was a nice surprise to have you join us this weekend. Hope you can do so again next time.
        • telmnstr@757.org
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 3, 2012
            > Officially this thing is known as the Western Electric 1A
            > Microprocessor Trainer.

            3B2 use Western Electric CPUs right?

            - Ethan
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 3, 2012
              On 07/04/2012 02:23 AM, telmnstr@... wrote:
              >> Officially this thing is known as the Western Electric 1A
              >> Microprocessor Trainer.
              >
              > 3B2 use Western Electric CPUs right?

              Yes, WE-32000.

              Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
              New Kensington, PA
            • William Donzelli
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 4, 2012
                > 3B2 use Western Electric CPUs right?

                Yes, but the 1A used a different CPU, called the MAC8.

                --
                Will
              • Systems Glitch
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 4, 2012
                  > My friend asked, what are you going to have? He was thinking of gettting a
                  > head start on some custom software. He's sad his TRS-80 qr code app didn't
                  > work I think.

                  Heh, I believe he tried to get that running on my Kaypro II, using hashes displayed on-screen from a Perl script running on OpenBSD on a Sun SPARC Classic. Perhaps he could try again -- I've got a bi-color 8x8 LED matrix module that could probably be interfaced to my 8085 SBC.

                  Thanks,
                  Jonathan