HOPE in NYC

  • telmnstr@757.org
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 3, 2012
      Howdy everyone!

      I'm once again travelling to NYC for HOPE! If you don't remember, I'm the
      guy with the TRS-80 model 4 that sort of let out some fire.

      If there is anything you need from me, hollar.

      We're doing the video streaming thing yet again. To make things awesome,
      NONE OF IT WORKS YET! It ain't a con project unless it's down to the wire.
      Got a beautiful piece of hardware that can do 1920x1080 output and all
      that, but it's not meant for streaming so we've got to make it stream.

      I don't know of anything off hand that would be useful to you all but if
      you can think of something.

      My friend asked, what are you going to have? He was thinking of gettting a
      head start on some custom software. He's sad his TRS-80 qr code app didn't
      work I think.

      - Ethan O'Toole / Tele Monster
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 3, 2012
        >> My friend asked, what are you going to have?

        We're going with a theme this year -- single-board computers. We're bringing a Mostek KIM-1, Apple 1 (replica), Heathkit 3400, Bell Labs Bellmac, and RCA Cosmac VIP. Also might bring a Synertek SYM-1 and an Intel 8086 dev system. Jon C. ("Systems Glitch") is bringing his homebrewed 8085 SBC.
      • William Donzelli
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 3, 2012
          > Bell Labs Bellmac

          Officially this thing is known as the Western Electric 1A
          Microprocessor Trainer.

          --
          Will
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 3, 2012
            >>> Bell Labs Bellmac

            >> Officially this thing is known as the Western Electric 1A Microprocessor Trainer.

            Thanks.

            It was a nice surprise to have you join us this weekend. Hope you can do so again next time.
          • telmnstr@757.org
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 3, 2012
              > Officially this thing is known as the Western Electric 1A
              > Microprocessor Trainer.

              3B2 use Western Electric CPUs right?

              - Ethan
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 3, 2012
                On 07/04/2012 02:23 AM, telmnstr@... wrote:
                >> Officially this thing is known as the Western Electric 1A
                >> Microprocessor Trainer.
                >
                > 3B2 use Western Electric CPUs right?

                Yes, WE-32000.

                Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                New Kensington, PA
              • William Donzelli
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 4, 2012
                  > 3B2 use Western Electric CPUs right?

                  Yes, but the 1A used a different CPU, called the MAC8.

                  --
                  Will
                • Systems Glitch
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 4, 2012
                    > My friend asked, what are you going to have? He was thinking of gettting a
                    > head start on some custom software. He's sad his TRS-80 qr code app didn't
                    > work I think.

                    Heh, I believe he tried to get that running on my Kaypro II, using hashes displayed on-screen from a Perl script running on OpenBSD on a Sun SPARC Classic. Perhaps he could try again -- I've got a bi-color 8x8 LED matrix module that could probably be interfaced to my 8085 SBC.

                    Thanks,
                    Jonathan