old screens and such

  • Chris M
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 2, 2006
      there were some absolutely lovely black and white
      monitors though. I had 1 with my original Mac II, and
      that thing was as sharp as a tack! I'm in the market
      for a large screen b & w monitor if anyone's got one
      by the way.

      > Same here. On my TRS-80 Model 4, I replaced the
      > horrible, flickering
      > white CRT with a long persistence amber CRT (Langley
      > St. Clair), which
      > made it a lot more tolerable.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Chris M
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 2, 2006
        I was pretty happy when I obtained the Sanyo MBC-1000
        from a classiccmp lister
        (http://www.old-computers.com/museum/computer.asp?st=1&c=1072).
        Of course it doesn't work, might be an "easy" fix
        though (my definition of an easy fix doesn't rule out
        a soldering iron and solder wick though!). I love the
        all-in-one units.

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Mike Loewen
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 2, 2006
          Does anyone have a Gatorbox CS for sale?

          Mike Loewen mloewen@...
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 3, 2006
            Chris,

            The Yamaha MSX machine might run CP/M but what it is supposed to run is
            MSX-DOS. Do you have the music keyboard and software? I've always wanted one
            of those machines but, naturally, I'm not willing to pay real money for one.

            Jim