Re: [midatlanticretro] Great rescue today!

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3, 2012
      >> We visited Larry Stein at his home.
      Why do I always forget one thing??? Larry also had a spare Sol keyboard for us.
    • joshbensadon
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 3, 2012
        > With the IMSAI, I removed everything except for the CPU card and one memory card, and it turned on without any trouble. It seems to
        work but I'll need someone with more expertise to confirm that.

        -Turn on, WAIT light should be on
        Enter C3 00 00 program (Jump 0000)
        -Turn 16 Address switches off
        -Flip Examine switch UP
        -Set Data switches to C3
        -Flip Deposit switch UP
        -Set Data all off (00)
        -Flip Deposit switch down twice
        Verify program entered
        -Turn 16 Address switches off (should be from last step)
        -Flip Examine switch UP (Data should display C3)
        -Flip Examine switch Down twice (Data should display 00 twice)
        -Flip Reset Up
        -Flip RUN up, address and data lights blinking fast and faintly

        I made some new schematics for the IMSAI, redrawn to focus on operation and in colour.

        Congrats on your great find!

        Josh
      • s100doctor
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 4, 2012

          > Also, he gave us an Altair front board -- the one with the actual switches and LEDs, not the veneer panel. I'm not sure what to call that -- just "I/O" board?

          No, it's a MITS Altair 8800 front panel control logic board. "Altair front panel board" for short. But it could be some other MITS card, I'd have to see it.

          Herb
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 4, 2012
            >> Altair front panel board" for short.

            Good answer.

            >> But it could be some other MITS card, I'd have to see it.

            It's definitely the front panel board.