Re: [midatlanticretro] Furthermore, who's into C/PM stuph?

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 2, 2006
      On Thu, 2 Mar 2006, Bob Applegate wrote:

      > One thing I *do* miss from my modern machines is the much improved
      > video. Those old 80 column cards on green-screen monitors just don't
      > look as good as a modern machine. I used to spend 8+ hours a day
      > working on this system, but would probably go crazy if I had to do it
      > now.

      Same here. On my TRS-80 Model 4, I replaced the horrible, flickering
      white CRT with a long persistence amber CRT (Langley St. Clair), which
      made it a lot more tolerable. Even so, modern displays are easier on the
      eyes. My standard xterm setup is green-on-black. :-)

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
    • Chris M
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 2, 2006
        there were some absolutely lovely black and white
        monitors though. I had 1 with my original Mac II, and
        that thing was as sharp as a tack! I'm in the market
        for a large screen b & w monitor if anyone's got one
        by the way.

        > Same here. On my TRS-80 Model 4, I replaced the
        > horrible, flickering
        > white CRT with a long persistence amber CRT (Langley
        > St. Clair), which
        > made it a lot more tolerable.

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Chris M
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 2, 2006
          I was pretty happy when I obtained the Sanyo MBC-1000
          from a classiccmp lister
          (http://www.old-computers.com/museum/computer.asp?st=1&c=1072).
          Of course it doesn't work, might be an "easy" fix
          though (my definition of an easy fix doesn't rule out
          a soldering iron and solder wick though!). I love the
          all-in-one units.

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Mike Loewen
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 2, 2006
            Does anyone have a Gatorbox CS for sale?

            Mike Loewen mloewen@...
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 3, 2006
              Chris,

              The Yamaha MSX machine might run CP/M but what it is supposed to run is
              MSX-DOS. Do you have the music keyboard and software? I've always wanted one
              of those machines but, naturally, I'm not willing to pay real money for one.

              Jim