Re: Solder sucker 101

  • joshbensadon
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2012
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Brace"
      > I need to get one myself. I like the one that Bill Dromgool had and was
      > letting me use. The one I have is a cheapo red rubber one, and doesn't work
      > well at all.

      I've used a few different kinds, none seem to work as well as the Soldapult DS-017. Beware of cheap knock offs, they might look the same but they don't work the same. I once tried to save a few bucks and bought a cheap one, and the old saying "The cheap person pays twice" bit me hard.

      :) Josh
    • Jeffrey Brace
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2012
        --- In mailto:midatlanticretro%40yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Brace"
        >> I need to get one myself. I like the one that Bill Dromgool had and was
        >> letting me use. The one I have is a cheapo red rubber one, and doesn't
        >> work
        >> well at all.

        >I've used a few different kinds, none seem to work as well as the Soldapult
        >DS-017. Beware of cheap knock offs, they might look the same but they don't
        >work the same. I once tried to save a few bucks and bought a cheap one,
        >and the old saying "The cheap person pays twice" bit me hard.

        Yes ! That is the one that Bill Dromgool uses ! I will order that one now !
        :)

        Jeff B