[midatlanticretro] Solder sucker 101

  • Jeffrey Brace
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2012
      From: Evan Koblentz
      Sent: Saturday, June 30, 2012 4:08 PM

      >And .... Thank you David Gesswein for teaching me to use a solder sucker.
      >Until today I've only used braids. But the sucker was ridiculously easy to
      >use, faster, and more effective. Gotta buy me one!

      I need to get one myself. I like the one that Bill Dromgool had and was
      letting me use. The one I have is a cheapo red rubber one, and doesn't work
      well at all.
    • joshbensadon
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2012
        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Brace"
        > I need to get one myself. I like the one that Bill Dromgool had and was
        > letting me use. The one I have is a cheapo red rubber one, and doesn't work
        > well at all.

        I've used a few different kinds, none seem to work as well as the Soldapult DS-017. Beware of cheap knock offs, they might look the same but they don't work the same. I once tried to save a few bucks and bought a cheap one, and the old saying "The cheap person pays twice" bit me hard.

        :) Josh
      • Jeffrey Brace
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 1, 2012
          --- In mailto:midatlanticretro%40yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Brace"
          >> I need to get one myself. I like the one that Bill Dromgool had and was
          >> letting me use. The one I have is a cheapo red rubber one, and doesn't
          >> work
          >> well at all.

          >I've used a few different kinds, none seem to work as well as the Soldapult
          >DS-017. Beware of cheap knock offs, they might look the same but they don't
          >work the same. I once tried to save a few bucks and bought a cheap one,
          >and the old saying "The cheap person pays twice" bit me hard.

          Yes ! That is the one that Bill Dromgool uses ! I will order that one now !
          :)

          Jeff B