Solder sucker 101

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 30, 2012
      And .... Thank you David Gesswein for teaching me to use a solder sucker. Until today I've only used braids. But the sucker was ridiculously easy to use, faster, and more effective. Gotta buy me one!
    • Jeffrey Brace
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2012
        >And .... Thank you David Gesswein for teaching me to use a solder sucker.
        >Until today I've only used braids. But the sucker was ridiculously easy to
        >use, faster, and more effective. Gotta buy me one!

        I need to get one myself. I like the one that Bill Dromgool had and was
        letting me use. The one I have is a cheapo red rubber one, and doesn't work
        well at all.
      • joshbensadon
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 1, 2012
          --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Brace"
          > I need to get one myself. I like the one that Bill Dromgool had and was
          > letting me use. The one I have is a cheapo red rubber one, and doesn't work
          > well at all.

          I've used a few different kinds, none seem to work as well as the Soldapult DS-017. Beware of cheap knock offs, they might look the same but they don't work the same. I once tried to save a few bucks and bought a cheap one, and the old saying "The cheap person pays twice" bit me hard.

          :) Josh
        • Jeffrey Brace
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 1, 2012
            --- In mailto:midatlanticretro%40yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Brace"
            >> I need to get one myself. I like the one that Bill Dromgool had and was
            >> letting me use. The one I have is a cheapo red rubber one, and doesn't
            >> work
            >> well at all.

            >I've used a few different kinds, none seem to work as well as the Soldapult
            >DS-017. Beware of cheap knock offs, they might look the same but they don't
            >work the same. I once tried to save a few bucks and bought a cheap one,
            >and the old saying "The cheap person pays twice" bit me hard.

            Yes ! That is the one that Bill Dromgool uses ! I will order that one now !
            :)

            Jeff B