Does anyone know an electronics parts store near the museum?

  • J. Alexander Jacocks
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 29, 2012
      I'm looking to try to pick up that big filtering cap that I'm still
      short, and I neglected to order from online, in time. If anyone has a
      suggestion for a place to go, Saturday morning, near Wall, I'd
      appreciate it.

      Thanks!
      - Alex
    • David Gesswein
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 29, 2012
        On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 09:23:22PM -0400, J. Alexander Jacocks wrote:
        > I'm looking to try to pick up that big filtering cap that I'm still
        > short, and I neglected to order from online, in time. If anyone has a
        > suggestion for a place to go, Saturday morning, near Wall, I'd
        > appreciate it.

        What value and type are you looking for?
      • J. Alexander Jacocks
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 29, 2012
          On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 9:40 PM, David Gesswein <djg@...> wrote:

          On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 09:23:22PM -0400, J. Alexander Jacocks wrote:
          > I'm looking to try to pick up that big filtering cap that I'm still
          > short, and I neglected to order from online, in time. If anyone has a
          > suggestion for a place to go, Saturday morning, near Wall, I'd
          > appreciate it.

          What value and type are you looking for?

          I'm looking for a 0.1uF 250v cap, to replace the blown poly cap, in the attached photo.  I actually want 2, so that I can go ahead and replace the other poly cap, which is likely to fail, at some point.

          Thanks!
          - Alex
        • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 30, 2012
            "J. Alexander Jacocks" <jjacocks@...> writes:

            >I'm looking to try to pick up that big filtering cap that I'm still
            >short, and I neglected to order from online, in time. If anyone has a
            >suggestion for a place to go, Saturday morning, near Wall, I'd
            >appreciate it.

            There used to be a great place called Atkinson & Smith in Eatontown. I
            used to go there to get parts and get lost in the collection of surplus
            equipment (mostly excess and tosses from Ft. Monmouth) that they had on
            hand. Sadly, like virtually every other electronics B&M, they've gone
            extinct. Jameco, Digi-Key, etc. seem to the the only resource for most
            needs.