Sunday

    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 28, 2012
      So, our tech weekend is pretty much ALL weekend, and Lee's scheduled for 10:30am Sunday. But, he's arriving at Belmar train station at 9:45; we'll pick him up there. He's excited about an informal format -- more of a storytelling session than a true lecture -- and he said, "I think I could contribute to the fixing-up" of vintage computers. This is gonna be fun, especially for you Sol guys. Dibs on having him work on the club's first! :). (Not really. Degnan: Do you recall anything about the status of ours? I vaguely remember it being kind of a disaster inside...)

      Bring your Sharpies so he can sign stuff.
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 29, 2012
        March"s SOL is mouse nest ridden.
        --
        Sent from my PDP 8/e.
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 29, 2012
          >> March"s SOL is mouse nest ridden.

          Ewww ... Well it can't be worse than the PDP-8 when we got that from Claude's barn. (Of course, in the 8, there's a lot more room to clean with blunter instruments.)

          MARCH owns a handheld vacuum. I'll see how much I can clean the Sol.
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 29, 2012
            It's the mouse urine that is most destructive.  May not be salvagable.  A vacuum is just the start...you need detergent and who knows what else.
            Bill

            Ewww ... Well it can't be worse than the PDP-8 when we got that from Claude's barn. (Of course, in the 8, there's a lot more room to clean with blunter instruments.)

            MARCH owns a handheld vacuum. I'll see how much I can clean the Sol.

            <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
            midatlanticretro-digest@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Mr Ian Primus
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 29, 2012
              --- On Fri, 6/29/12, B. Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

              > It's the mouse urine that is most destructive.  May not be salvagable.
              > A vacuum is just the start...you need detergent and who knows what else.

              Oh, yes - very much so. On a situation like this you need to more than just "blow it out". You have to completely disassemble and clean every piece. And, obviously, document everything you're taking apart so it can go back together. You will need a lot more than a vacuum and a brush. And if mice took up residence in there, the entire wiring harness needs to be thoroughly checked too. The case needs to be cleaned to remove any smell/diseases, and most importantly for functionality, the boards need to all be cleaned.

              Does the cottage have a dishwasher?

              -Ian
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 29, 2012
                > Does the cottage have a dishwasher?

                I asked Fred but haven't heard back.
                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 29, 2012
                  If you told him it was to wash a rats nest?
                  --
                  Sent from my PDP 8/e.
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 29, 2012
                    >> If you told him it was to wash a rats nest?

                    All I told him was "my guys have a circuit board cleaning technique".
                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 15, 2014
                      - shave; meet dad at Harold's at 9am
                      - museum: replace apple ii monitor
                      - sleep early; wake early / oil change
                      - vcf tables/chairs count.....
                      Message 10 of 12 , Mar 15, 2014
                        - email valerie/sperry "go" for tent
                        - email member groups re: vcf program guide advertising
                        - scan pilcher bill / email to justin
                      • Jeffrey Brace
                        Message 11 of 12 , Mar 16, 2014
                          - wake late, sleep early
                          - shower, shave, dress
                          - gather laundry for later
                          - lunch at Wendy's
                          - go to MARCH, make stanchions, do whatever projects Evan needs help with
                          - Find Commodore monitors
                          - Dinner at mom's, laundry, TV
                          - work on SIDs for Space Command
                          - layout Commodore equipment

                          Message 12 of 12 , Mar 16, 2014

                            - wake late, sleep early
                            - shower, shave, dress
                            - gather laundry for later
                            - lunch at Wendy's
                            - go to MARCH, make stanchions, do whatever projects Evan needs help with
                            - Find Commodore monitors
                            - Dinner at mom's, laundry, TV
                            - work on SIDs for Space Command
                            - layout Commodore equipment