RE: [midatlanticretro] Tandy stuff available

  • evan
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 1, 2006
      I suppose it's okay to talk about running vintage software on not-quite-vintage computers.  Basically what we avoid at all costs is the "W" term.

      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 1, 2006
        hey Evan...you wouldnt by some chance mean
        WWWIIINNNDDDOOOWWWSSS, would you???
        --- midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com <evan@...>
        wrote:
        > I suppose it's okay to talk about running vintage
        software on
        > not-quite-vintage computers. Basically what we
        avoid at all costs is the
        > "W" term.
        >
        > _____

        :->)

        > As Mason T. e-mailed off-list (he knew me from NJ
        back in the 80s) - I
        > should bite my tongue calling the Sensation the
        'first' multimedia
        > machine when I, myself, was a very happy Amiga owner
        through the late
        > 80s! I defended myself by pointing out it was
        Tandy's propogan...
        > er... advertising for the machine that made that
        claim - not me
        > personally! :-)
        >
        > I'd also like to apologize for my retro-group faux
        pas. I even read
        > the FAQ Saturday when I signed up, and what is one
        of my first posts
        > about??? A 486 machine!!! Doh!
        >
        > I just wanted to know if it was considered rare, but
        more importantly
        > from you 'smarter-than-me-about-these-matters' forum
        participants - if
        > a 486 will run 286 and 386 software reliably. That's
        actually what I
        > wanted to know most. My bad... Take solace in the
        fact that 90+% of my
        > vast collection came into existence between the late
        70s and the mid
        > 80s! ;-)))
        >
        > --Timster--

        > Vintage

        =Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&w4=Field+trip&c=4&s=84&.sig=yQK66sIa
        > fWZWnP-61n_BTQ> computer Computer

        2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&w4=Field+trip&c=4&s=84&.sig=bvgAN5E
        > Yj4oAGQSA29LvCw> security Computer

        2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&w4=Field+trip&c=4&s=84&.sig=E3VSZZU
        > ZIYQJD2FP1DwFdw> training
        > Field

        ter+security&w3=Computer+training&w4=Field+trip&c=4&s=84&.sig=6Bps2Ok95uCsZL
        > SwdHWZfg> trip
        >
        > _____
        >
        > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
        >

        > * Visit your group "midatlanticretro
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/midatlanticretro> "
        on the web.

        Yahoo! Terms of Service
        > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
        >

        > _____

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • evan
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 1, 2006
          I'll know it when I hear it.

          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 3, 2006
            Mike:

            sounds like a fare enough deal to me. If you have a coco3 you don't need (especially any games, floppy drive or joysticks) I'd really be interested. Send me a private email if you're interested and we'll arrange something offline.

            Kelly

            PS All 16s have been accounted for. Still have a few model 12's and a few model II's.