RE: [midatlanticretro] Tandy stuff available

  • evan
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 1, 2006
      Mike, thanks for your message.  We always like to see people emerge from the crevices of our mailing list..

      - Evan

      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 1, 2006
        I suppose it's okay to talk about running vintage software on not-quite-vintage computers.  Basically what we avoid at all costs is the "W" term.

        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 1, 2006
          hey Evan...you wouldnt by some chance mean
          WWWIIINNNDDDOOOWWWSSS, would you???
          --- midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com <evan@...>
          wrote:
          > I suppose it's okay to talk about running vintage
          software on
          > not-quite-vintage computers. Basically what we
          avoid at all costs is the
          > "W" term.
          >
          > _____

          :->)

          > As Mason T. e-mailed off-list (he knew me from NJ
          back in the 80s) - I
          > should bite my tongue calling the Sensation the
          'first' multimedia
          > machine when I, myself, was a very happy Amiga owner
          through the late
          > 80s! I defended myself by pointing out it was
          Tandy's propogan...
          > er... advertising for the machine that made that
          claim - not me
          > personally! :-)
          >
          > I'd also like to apologize for my retro-group faux
          pas. I even read
          > the FAQ Saturday when I signed up, and what is one
          of my first posts
          > about??? A 486 machine!!! Doh!
          >
          > I just wanted to know if it was considered rare, but
          more importantly
          > from you 'smarter-than-me-about-these-matters' forum
          participants - if
          > a 486 will run 286 and 386 software reliably. That's
          actually what I
          > wanted to know most. My bad... Take solace in the
          fact that 90+% of my
          > vast collection came into existence between the late
          70s and the mid
          > 80s! ;-)))
          >
          > --Timster--

          > Vintage

          =Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&w4=Field+trip&c=4&s=84&.sig=yQK66sIa
          > fWZWnP-61n_BTQ> computer Computer

          2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&w4=Field+trip&c=4&s=84&.sig=bvgAN5E
          > Yj4oAGQSA29LvCw> security Computer

          2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&w4=Field+trip&c=4&s=84&.sig=E3VSZZU
          > ZIYQJD2FP1DwFdw> training
          > Field

          ter+security&w3=Computer+training&w4=Field+trip&c=4&s=84&.sig=6Bps2Ok95uCsZL
          > SwdHWZfg> trip
          >
          > _____
          >
          > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
          >

          > * Visit your group "midatlanticretro
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/midatlanticretro> "
          on the web.

          Yahoo! Terms of Service
          > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
          >

          > _____

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • evan
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 1, 2006
            I'll know it when I hear it.

            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 3, 2006
              Mike:

              sounds like a fare enough deal to me. If you have a coco3 you don't need (especially any games, floppy drive or joysticks) I'd really be interested. Send me a private email if you're interested and we'll arrange something offline.

              Kelly

              PS All 16s have been accounted for. Still have a few model 12's and a few model II's.