Re: Furthermore, who's into C/PM stuph?

  • ysgdhio
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 1, 2006
      Chris asks who's into CP/M...

      Good timing.
      I'd been thinking about how we could let each other know
      who knows about what, and what they want to find out about.
      So I created a new database called the skills inventory.
      It's purely voluntary, but I think it might become a useful tool.
      I've put my info in there.

      Having said that... Yes, I'm into CP/M. What do you need?

      Andy
    • Degnan
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 1, 2006
        Chris,

        I use CP/M or MP/M here and there, mostly for testing. I have a
        handful of systems that are native CP/M or CP/M 86..I have a lot
        of CP/M software and documentation. Tandy, COmmodore, Altos, and
        Televideo.

        Bill D

        At Wednesday, 1 March 2006, you wrote:

        >thus far, I own these:
        >
        >Sanyo MBC-1000, all in one, apparently non-functional
        >
        >Yamaha MSX puter (was told it runs or will run c/pm)
        >
        >I suppose the Epson QX-10 donated by Dave Bassett runs
        >c/pm also. But mine is equipped with the Titan 8088
        >card, so who would want anything else???????
        >.....Dave, we hardly knew ya :(
        >
        >thought I had other stuph. I'll let you know on the
        >next refresh cycle (my clock speed is reckoned in
        >hourse, days, or even weeks. Very retro ;).

        -- E N D --
      • evan
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 1, 2006
          Andy, good idea!!

          Bill D. -- can we merge the skills database with your inventory database?

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 2, 2006
            What timing! I fired up my CP/M system last night and was playing
            with Wordstar and some old BDS C code. It still seems perfectly
            normal to use CP/M even after all these years.

            It must be CP/M season! Hey Dave W, time to fire up those old IMSAI
            and TDL machines!

            One thing I *do* miss from my modern machines is the much improved
            video. Those old 80 column cards on green-screen monitors just don't
            look as good as a modern machine. I used to spend 8+ hours a day
            working on this system, but would probably go crazy if I had to do it
            now.

            Bob

            Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote :

            > Chris,
            >
            > I use CP/M or MP/M here and there, mostly for testing. I have a
            > handful of systems that are native CP/M or CP/M 86..I have a lot
            > of CP/M software and documentation. Tandy, COmmodore, Altos, and
            > Televideo.
            >
            > Bill D
            >
            > At Wednesday, 1 March 2006, you wrote:
            >
            > >thus far, I own these:
            > >
            > >Sanyo MBC-1000, all in one, apparently non-functional
            > >
            > >Yamaha MSX puter (was told it runs or will run c/pm)
            > >
            > >I suppose the Epson QX-10 donated by Dave Bassett runs
            > >c/pm also. But mine is equipped with the Titan 8088
            > >card, so who would want anything else???????
            > >.....Dave, we hardly knew ya :(
            > >
            > >thought I had other stuph. I'll let you know on the
            > >next refresh cycle (my clock speed is reckoned in
            > >hourse, days, or even weeks. Very retro ;).

            ___________________________________
            NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net
          • Mike Loewen
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 2, 2006
              On Thu, 2 Mar 2006, Bob Applegate wrote:

              > One thing I *do* miss from my modern machines is the much improved
              > video. Those old 80 column cards on green-screen monitors just don't
              > look as good as a modern machine. I used to spend 8+ hours a day
              > working on this system, but would probably go crazy if I had to do it
              > now.

              Same here. On my TRS-80 Model 4, I replaced the horrible, flickering
              white CRT with a long persistence amber CRT (Langley St. Clair), which
              made it a lot more tolerable. Even so, modern displays are easier on the
              eyes. My standard xterm setup is green-on-black. :-)

              Mike Loewen mloewen@...
            • Chris M
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 2, 2006
                there were some absolutely lovely black and white
                monitors though. I had 1 with my original Mac II, and
                that thing was as sharp as a tack! I'm in the market
                for a large screen b & w monitor if anyone's got one
                by the way.

                > Same here. On my TRS-80 Model 4, I replaced the
                > horrible, flickering
                > white CRT with a long persistence amber CRT (Langley
                > St. Clair), which
                > made it a lot more tolerable.

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Chris M
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 2, 2006
                  I was pretty happy when I obtained the Sanyo MBC-1000
                  from a classiccmp lister
                  (http://www.old-computers.com/museum/computer.asp?st=1&c=1072).
                  Of course it doesn't work, might be an "easy" fix
                  though (my definition of an easy fix doesn't rule out
                  a soldering iron and solder wick though!). I love the
                  all-in-one units.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 2, 2006
                    Does anyone have a Gatorbox CS for sale?

                    Mike Loewen mloewen@...
                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 3, 2006
                      Chris,

                      The Yamaha MSX machine might run CP/M but what it is supposed to run is
                      MSX-DOS. Do you have the music keyboard and software? I've always wanted one
                      of those machines but, naturally, I'm not willing to pay real money for one.

                      Jim