Re: [midatlanticretro] Shameless Plug

  • Andrew Molloy
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 27, 2012
      On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 3:44 AM, Curt @ Atari Museum <curt@...> wrote:

      FYI...

      For those interested in Atari history, the preview site for the new book
      is now live at www.ataribook.com

      Book will be released on July 27th

      Curt

      I joined in the Kickstarter and am really looking forward to your book. I just finished reading the chapter in the book Replay covering Atari's early history. That was like an appetizer, but I bet your book will be the main course. Did I read somewhere that this is the first of two books? If so, where does this book end and the next one pick up?

      Andy
    • Curt @ Atari Museum
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 28, 2012
        There is no comparison....

        Zap! was a total farce and a steaming pile of crap...

        As Al Alcorn said to me "The author never even got West of the Mississippi"

        So many people quoted in the book told me, the never spoke with the guy
        or that their "quote" wasn't what they said.

        Our book has been extensively cross checked, quotes are actual quotes,
        and are shown to and approved by those we got the quotes from.

        This is the REAL book on the history of Atari.
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 28, 2012
          >> This is the REAL book on the history of Atari.

          Readers will understand that there are always many sides to company histories.

          I will read your book, while keeping in mind that you worked in marketing at Atari ... I hope to conclude that you found a way to stay objective.
        • Christopher Blackmon
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 28, 2012
            Will there be a Kindle version?

            >> This is the REAL book on the history of Atari.

            Readers will understand that there are always many sides to company histories.

            I will read your book, while keeping in mind that you worked in marketing at Atari ... I hope to conclude that you found a way to stay objective.

          • Neil Cherry
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 28, 2012
              On 06/28/2012 02:32 PM, Christopher Blackmon wrote:

              > Will there be a Kindle version?

              Uhm this is retro, where is the Portfolio version or text file ? ;-)

              http://www.linuxha.com/ Main site
              http://linuxha.blogspot.com/ My HA Blog
            • Christopher Blackmon
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 28, 2012

                On 06/28/2012 02:32 PM, Christopher Blackmon wrote:

                > Will there be a Kindle version?

                Uhm this is retro, where is the Portfolio version or text file ? ;-)

                -----

                Ok.. how 'bout one for the HP 200LX?  :-)

                Christopher.

              • Curt @ Atari Museum
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 29, 2012
                  @ Evan

                  I never worked in marketing, I was an outside engineering consultant,
                  nor did I work at the REAL Atari, nor are the books being written about
                  today's Atari, this is about Atari from 1969 to 1984 in the first book,
                  then the second book is about 1984 to 1996 so this all occurs well
                  before my involvement with today's Atari which is nothing more then a
                  company named Infogrames who bought the IP assets to the original
                  company and renamed themselves. The book is completely objective
                  because I wasn't there during any of the era's that are being written about.

                  Curt
                • Curt @ Atari Museum
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 29, 2012
                    eBook and iBook versions will also be available besides the hardcover
                    book version.
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jun 29, 2012
                      >> I never worked in marketing, I was an outside engineering consultant nor did I work at the REAL Atari

                      Okay, and sorry.

                      Guess I "misremembered". :)