Furthermore, who's into C/PM stuph?

  • Chris M
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 1, 2006
      thus far, I own these:

      Sanyo MBC-1000, all in one, apparently non-functional

      Yamaha MSX puter (was told it runs or will run c/pm)

      I suppose the Epson QX-10 donated by Dave Bassett runs
      c/pm also. But mine is equipped with the Titan 8088
      card, so who would want anything else???????
      ...Dave, we hardly knew ya :(

      thought I had other stuph. I'll let you know on the
      next refresh cycle (my clock speed is reckoned in
      hourse, days, or even weeks. Very retro ;).

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • ysgdhio
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 1, 2006
        Chris asks who's into CP/M...

        Good timing.
        I'd been thinking about how we could let each other know
        who knows about what, and what they want to find out about.
        So I created a new database called the skills inventory.
        It's purely voluntary, but I think it might become a useful tool.
        I've put my info in there.

        Having said that... Yes, I'm into CP/M. What do you need?

        Andy
      • Degnan
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 1, 2006
          Chris,

          I use CP/M or MP/M here and there, mostly for testing. I have a
          handful of systems that are native CP/M or CP/M 86..I have a lot
          of CP/M software and documentation. Tandy, COmmodore, Altos, and
          Televideo.

          Bill D

          At Wednesday, 1 March 2006, you wrote:

          >thus far, I own these:
          >
          >Sanyo MBC-1000, all in one, apparently non-functional
          >
          >Yamaha MSX puter (was told it runs or will run c/pm)
          >
          >I suppose the Epson QX-10 donated by Dave Bassett runs
          >c/pm also. But mine is equipped with the Titan 8088
          >card, so who would want anything else???????
          >.....Dave, we hardly knew ya :(
          >
          >thought I had other stuph. I'll let you know on the
          >next refresh cycle (my clock speed is reckoned in
          >hourse, days, or even weeks. Very retro ;).

          -- E N D --
        • evan
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 1, 2006
            Andy, good idea!!

            Bill D. -- can we merge the skills database with your inventory database?

            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 2, 2006
              What timing! I fired up my CP/M system last night and was playing
              with Wordstar and some old BDS C code. It still seems perfectly
              normal to use CP/M even after all these years.

              It must be CP/M season! Hey Dave W, time to fire up those old IMSAI
              and TDL machines!

              One thing I *do* miss from my modern machines is the much improved
              video. Those old 80 column cards on green-screen monitors just don't
              look as good as a modern machine. I used to spend 8+ hours a day
              working on this system, but would probably go crazy if I had to do it
              now.

              Bob

              Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote :

              > Chris,
              >
              > I use CP/M or MP/M here and there, mostly for testing. I have a
              > handful of systems that are native CP/M or CP/M 86..I have a lot
              > of CP/M software and documentation. Tandy, COmmodore, Altos, and
              > Televideo.
              >
              > Bill D
              >
              > At Wednesday, 1 March 2006, you wrote:
              >
              > >thus far, I own these:
              > >
              > >Sanyo MBC-1000, all in one, apparently non-functional
              > >
              > >Yamaha MSX puter (was told it runs or will run c/pm)
              > >
              > >I suppose the Epson QX-10 donated by Dave Bassett runs
              > >c/pm also. But mine is equipped with the Titan 8088
              > >card, so who would want anything else???????
              > >.....Dave, we hardly knew ya :(
              > >
              > >thought I had other stuph. I'll let you know on the
              > >next refresh cycle (my clock speed is reckoned in
              > >hourse, days, or even weeks. Very retro ;).

              ___________________________________
              NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net
            • Mike Loewen
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 2, 2006
                On Thu, 2 Mar 2006, Bob Applegate wrote:

                > One thing I *do* miss from my modern machines is the much improved
                > video. Those old 80 column cards on green-screen monitors just don't
                > look as good as a modern machine. I used to spend 8+ hours a day
                > working on this system, but would probably go crazy if I had to do it
                > now.

                Same here. On my TRS-80 Model 4, I replaced the horrible, flickering
                white CRT with a long persistence amber CRT (Langley St. Clair), which
                made it a lot more tolerable. Even so, modern displays are easier on the
                eyes. My standard xterm setup is green-on-black. :-)

                Mike Loewen mloewen@...
              • Chris M
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 2, 2006
                  there were some absolutely lovely black and white
                  monitors though. I had 1 with my original Mac II, and
                  that thing was as sharp as a tack! I'm in the market
                  for a large screen b & w monitor if anyone's got one
                  by the way.

                  > Same here. On my TRS-80 Model 4, I replaced the
                  > horrible, flickering
                  > white CRT with a long persistence amber CRT (Langley
                  > St. Clair), which
                  > made it a lot more tolerable.

                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                • Chris M
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 2, 2006
                    I was pretty happy when I obtained the Sanyo MBC-1000
                    from a classiccmp lister
                    (http://www.old-computers.com/museum/computer.asp?st=1&c=1072).
                    Of course it doesn't work, might be an "easy" fix
                    though (my definition of an easy fix doesn't rule out
                    a soldering iron and solder wick though!). I love the
                    all-in-one units.

                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 2, 2006
                      Does anyone have a Gatorbox CS for sale?

                      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 3, 2006
                        Chris,

                        The Yamaha MSX machine might run CP/M but what it is supposed to run is
                        MSX-DOS. Do you have the music keyboard and software? I've always wanted one
                        of those machines but, naturally, I'm not willing to pay real money for one.

                        Jim