Re: [midatlanticretro] Tandy stuff available

  • M. Frank
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 1 4:36 PM
      Kelly  I havn't posted here before because I'm not as computer literate as everyone else.  However, I would love a Model 12 or 16 as I have only ever seen them at your exhibit at TCF last year.  I have a working color computer 3 and a box of TRS-80 stuff which I'm sure you have but you could check. (maybe there is something there you could use)   A coco3 is not an equal trade for a 12 or 16 and I'm happy to make a contribution and also pay you some gas money for the trips to South Jersey which I'm sure added up to over 500 miles.  Also I live in Somerset County NJ and a trip up North is fine with me  Thanks Mike
      PS  I'm not looking for a Model II b/c I've used them

      Kelly Leavitt <kelly@...> wrote:
      These are in addition to any other trades already made (BillD and Mike)...

      Model II's (2 of them)
      Model II drive units (2 of them)
      Model 12's (3 of them)
      Model 16b's (at least 2)
      8" disks, new in shrink wrap
      DMP410 printer
      All the computers have matching keyboards.

      Have to come to North Jersey if you want any (limit one each to a customer).
      I'll post on ClassicCmp on comp.sys.tandy Thursday if no one else wants
      them. Trade me something Tandy, or something else interesting....

      I need a Tandy DT-100 terminal
      A functional Model I
      A PT-210 (I think, printing terminal, looks like a CoCo)
      A CoCo 3
      CoCo multipack interface
      Any of the hand held Tandy computer (not the 100 line, I have those)
      A functional Model 600
      Tandy VM-1 monitor or Multisync II or original Multisync
      A functional Model 2000
      A functional Model 1000a (may as well start on the PC lines)

      Kelly

      Yahoo! Mail

    • tfagan@triad.rr.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 1 6:06 PM
        Tandy's claim (I believe) was based on the Sensation being the first
        (?) mainstream PC to have the graphics/sound capabilities it had, as
        well as the fact it had a CD-Rom (Ooooooooooh!!! :->)

        As Mason T. e-mailed off-list (he knew me from NJ back in the 80s) - I
        should bite my tongue calling the Sensation the 'first' multimedia
        machine when I, myself, was a very happy Amiga owner through the late
        80s! I defended myself by pointing out it was Tandy's propogan...
        er... advertising for the machine that made that claim - not me
        personally! :-)

        I'd also like to apologize for my retro-group faux pas. I even read
        the FAQ Saturday when I signed up, and what is one of my first posts
        about??? A 486 machine!!! Doh!

        I just wanted to know if it was considered rare, but more importantly
        from you 'smarter-than-me-about-these-matters' forum participants - if
        a 486 will run 286 and 386 software reliably. That's actually what I
        wanted to know most. My bad... Take solace in the fact that 90+% of my
        vast collection came into existence between the late 70s and the mid
        80s! ;-)))

        --Timster--
      • evan
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 1 7:32 PM
          Mike, thanks for your message.  We always like to see people emerge from the crevices of our mailing list..

          - Evan

          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 1 7:33 PM
            I suppose it's okay to talk about running vintage software on not-quite-vintage computers.  Basically what we avoid at all costs is the "W" term.

            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 1 9:56 PM
              hey Evan...you wouldnt by some chance mean
              WWWIIINNNDDDOOOWWWSSS, would you???
              --- midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com <evan@...>
              wrote:
              > I suppose it's okay to talk about running vintage
              software on
              > not-quite-vintage computers. Basically what we
              avoid at all costs is the
              > "W" term.
              >
              > _____

              :->)

              > As Mason T. e-mailed off-list (he knew me from NJ
              back in the 80s) - I
              > should bite my tongue calling the Sensation the
              'first' multimedia
              > machine when I, myself, was a very happy Amiga owner
              through the late
              > 80s! I defended myself by pointing out it was
              Tandy's propogan...
              > er... advertising for the machine that made that
              claim - not me
              > personally! :-)
              >
              > I'd also like to apologize for my retro-group faux
              pas. I even read
              > the FAQ Saturday when I signed up, and what is one
              of my first posts
              > about??? A 486 machine!!! Doh!
              >
              > I just wanted to know if it was considered rare, but
              more importantly
              > from you 'smarter-than-me-about-these-matters' forum
              participants - if
              > a 486 will run 286 and 386 software reliably. That's
              actually what I
              > wanted to know most. My bad... Take solace in the
              fact that 90+% of my
              > vast collection came into existence between the late
              70s and the mid
              > 80s! ;-)))
              >
              > --Timster--

              > Vintage

              =Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&w4=Field+trip&c=4&s=84&.sig=yQK66sIa
              > fWZWnP-61n_BTQ> computer Computer

              2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&w4=Field+trip&c=4&s=84&.sig=bvgAN5E
              > Yj4oAGQSA29LvCw> security Computer

              2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&w4=Field+trip&c=4&s=84&.sig=E3VSZZU
              > ZIYQJD2FP1DwFdw> training
              > Field

              ter+security&w3=Computer+training&w4=Field+trip&c=4&s=84&.sig=6Bps2Ok95uCsZL
              > SwdHWZfg> trip
              >
              > _____
              >
              > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
              >

              > * Visit your group "midatlanticretro
              > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/midatlanticretro> "
              on the web.

              Yahoo! Terms of Service
              > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
              >

              > _____

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • evan
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 1 10:31 PM
                I'll know it when I hear it.

                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 3 3:35 PM
                  Mike:

                  sounds like a fare enough deal to me. If you have a coco3 you don't need (especially any games, floppy drive or joysticks) I'd really be interested. Send me a private email if you're interested and we'll arrange something offline.

                  Kelly

                  PS All 16s have been accounted for. Still have a few model 12's and a few model II's.