MARCH's HOPE exhibit

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 26, 2012
      I think we'll go with SBCs this year because they are easy to bring on mass transit.

      I'll bring a Mimeo a.k.a. Apple 1 replica.

      This weekend I'd like some help in testing some of our other SBCs. We never tried most of them.

      I'll also bring (to HOPE) an assortment of period-appropriate books and magazines just to show people.

      Which reminds me -- Ted Nelson is attending the Aug. 11 Claude Kagan memorial, scheduled for around 4pm that day. 1980s reference: "I pity da fool!" who misses the opportunity to meet Ted.

      Of course I'll ask him to sign "Computer Lib" for us and will beg and plead with him to keynote VCF East 9.0. :)
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 26, 2012
        OK...I will skip the Donner 3500 and bring choice SBC's instead.
        Bill

        I think we'll go with SBCs this year because they are easy to bring on mass transit.

        I'll bring a Mimeo a.k.a. Apple 1 replica.

        This weekend I'd like some help in testing some of our other SBCs. We never tried most of them.

        I'll also bring (to HOPE) an assortment of period-appropriate books and magazines just to show people.

        Which reminds me -- Ted Nelson is attending the Aug. 11 Claude Kagan memorial, scheduled for around 4pm that day. 1980s reference: "I pity da fool!" who misses the opportunity to meet Ted.

        Of course I'll ask him to sign "Computer Lib" for us and will beg and plead with him to keynote VCF East 9.0. :)

        <*> Your email settings:
        Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
        (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
        midatlanticretro-digest@yahoogroups.com

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 26, 2012
          >> OK...I will skip the Donner 3500 and bring choice SBC's instead

          You may not have to bring anything; MARCH has a nice selection of SBCs. We'll go over it this weekend.
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 26, 2012
            >> OK...I will skip the Donner 3500 and bring choice SBC's instead

            You may not have to bring anything; MARCH has a nice selection of SBCs. We'll go over it this weekend.

            It would be nice if they worked.
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 26, 2012
              >>> You may not have to bring anything; MARCH has a nice selection of SBCs. We'll go over it this weekend.

              >> It would be nice if they worked.

              Of course. We shall see ...
            • Systems Glitch
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 27, 2012
                > I think we'll go with SBCs this year because they are easy to bring on mass transit.

                Excellent, I was planning on bringing my 8085 SBC project. It's not strictly vintage in that the board designs are from this decade, but it's based around the 8085. I'll have my ROM monitor up and going on it, and possibly some blinkenlights for display, or a character display.

                Thanks,
                Jonathan