Re: [midatlanticretro] Tandy stuff available

  • Chris M
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 1, 2006
      could someone define multimedia for me?

      --- Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster@...> wrote:

      > I had AV-in and AV-out with primitive
      > non-linear editing and
      > storyboarding on my 16-bit MCA PS/2 Model 50 running
      > on a 80286-10 in 1988.
      >
      > Peace... Sridhar

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • M. Frank
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 1, 2006
        Kelly  I havn't posted here before because I'm not as computer literate as everyone else.  However, I would love a Model 12 or 16 as I have only ever seen them at your exhibit at TCF last year.  I have a working color computer 3 and a box of TRS-80 stuff which I'm sure you have but you could check. (maybe there is something there you could use)   A coco3 is not an equal trade for a 12 or 16 and I'm happy to make a contribution and also pay you some gas money for the trips to South Jersey which I'm sure added up to over 500 miles.  Also I live in Somerset County NJ and a trip up North is fine with me  Thanks Mike
        PS  I'm not looking for a Model II b/c I've used them

        Kelly Leavitt <kelly@...> wrote:
        These are in addition to any other trades already made (BillD and Mike)...

        Model II's (2 of them)
        Model II drive units (2 of them)
        Model 12's (3 of them)
        Model 16b's (at least 2)
        8" disks, new in shrink wrap
        DMP410 printer
        All the computers have matching keyboards.

        Have to come to North Jersey if you want any (limit one each to a customer).
        I'll post on ClassicCmp on comp.sys.tandy Thursday if no one else wants
        them. Trade me something Tandy, or something else interesting....

        I need a Tandy DT-100 terminal
        A functional Model I
        A PT-210 (I think, printing terminal, looks like a CoCo)
        A CoCo 3
        CoCo multipack interface
        Any of the hand held Tandy computer (not the 100 line, I have those)
        A functional Model 600
        Tandy VM-1 monitor or Multisync II or original Multisync
        A functional Model 2000
        A functional Model 1000a (may as well start on the PC lines)

        Kelly

        Yahoo! Mail

      • tfagan@triad.rr.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 1, 2006
          Tandy's claim (I believe) was based on the Sensation being the first
          (?) mainstream PC to have the graphics/sound capabilities it had, as
          well as the fact it had a CD-Rom (Ooooooooooh!!! :->)

          As Mason T. e-mailed off-list (he knew me from NJ back in the 80s) - I
          should bite my tongue calling the Sensation the 'first' multimedia
          machine when I, myself, was a very happy Amiga owner through the late
          80s! I defended myself by pointing out it was Tandy's propogan...
          er... advertising for the machine that made that claim - not me
          personally! :-)

          I'd also like to apologize for my retro-group faux pas. I even read
          the FAQ Saturday when I signed up, and what is one of my first posts
          about??? A 486 machine!!! Doh!

          I just wanted to know if it was considered rare, but more importantly
          from you 'smarter-than-me-about-these-matters' forum participants - if
          a 486 will run 286 and 386 software reliably. That's actually what I
          wanted to know most. My bad... Take solace in the fact that 90+% of my
          vast collection came into existence between the late 70s and the mid
          80s! ;-)))

          --Timster--
        • evan
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 1, 2006
            Mike, thanks for your message.  We always like to see people emerge from the crevices of our mailing list..

            - Evan

            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 1, 2006
              I suppose it's okay to talk about running vintage software on not-quite-vintage computers.  Basically what we avoid at all costs is the "W" term.

              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 1, 2006
                hey Evan...you wouldnt by some chance mean
                WWWIIINNNDDDOOOWWWSSS, would you???
                --- midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com <evan@...>
                wrote:
                > I suppose it's okay to talk about running vintage
                software on
                > not-quite-vintage computers. Basically what we
                avoid at all costs is the
                > "W" term.
                >
                > _____

                :->)

                > As Mason T. e-mailed off-list (he knew me from NJ
                back in the 80s) - I
                > should bite my tongue calling the Sensation the
                'first' multimedia
                > machine when I, myself, was a very happy Amiga owner
                through the late
                > 80s! I defended myself by pointing out it was
                Tandy's propogan...
                > er... advertising for the machine that made that
                claim - not me
                > personally! :-)
                >
                > I'd also like to apologize for my retro-group faux
                pas. I even read
                > the FAQ Saturday when I signed up, and what is one
                of my first posts
                > about??? A 486 machine!!! Doh!
                >
                > I just wanted to know if it was considered rare, but
                more importantly
                > from you 'smarter-than-me-about-these-matters' forum
                participants - if
                > a 486 will run 286 and 386 software reliably. That's
                actually what I
                > wanted to know most. My bad... Take solace in the
                fact that 90+% of my
                > vast collection came into existence between the late
                70s and the mid
                > 80s! ;-)))
                >
                > --Timster--

                > Vintage

                =Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&w4=Field+trip&c=4&s=84&.sig=yQK66sIa
                > fWZWnP-61n_BTQ> computer Computer

                2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&w4=Field+trip&c=4&s=84&.sig=bvgAN5E
                > Yj4oAGQSA29LvCw> security Computer

                2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&w4=Field+trip&c=4&s=84&.sig=E3VSZZU
                > ZIYQJD2FP1DwFdw> training
                > Field

                ter+security&w3=Computer+training&w4=Field+trip&c=4&s=84&.sig=6Bps2Ok95uCsZL
                > SwdHWZfg> trip
                >
                > _____
                >
                > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                >

                > * Visit your group "midatlanticretro
                > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/midatlanticretro> "
                on the web.

                Yahoo! Terms of Service
                > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
                >

                > _____

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • evan
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 1, 2006
                  I'll know it when I hear it.

                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 3, 2006
                    Mike:

                    sounds like a fare enough deal to me. If you have a coco3 you don't need (especially any games, floppy drive or joysticks) I'd really be interested. Send me a private email if you're interested and we'll arrange something offline.

                    Kelly

                    PS All 16s have been accounted for. Still have a few model 12's and a few model II's.