Re: Soldering Thoughts

  • Jeff Jonas
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 26, 2012
      > One important component to soldering....
      > get a good magnifying visor

      I'm increasingly dependent on my magnifier visor
      when working on small items or even reading small type.
      It works fine with eyeglasses.
      Hands free and takes no table space.

      I got the $5 plastic ones.
      Someday I'll get the better ones like my dentist.

      > or some kind of stand alone magnifying glass
      > so you can see what you're doing.

      Tensor ought to still make a large round magnifier
      with a circular fluorescent lamp
      on a desk-lamp style stand.
      I forgot the brand, but a friend has one that's "one louder":
      a rectangular lens with a good flat field of view
      and 2 compact fluorescent lamps: one on each side
      for shadowless viewing.