Lots of Osborne software

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 24 9:35 PM
      A while ago, Erik Klein sent me a huge box of Osborne software. Tonight I looked through it more carefully. Its contents appear to be the entire run of FOG ("First Osborne Group") shareware. It also has some original Osborne CP/M disks and other original Osborne software, all packed into five large holders. I consolidated the disks into three holders and will bring them next weekend.

      We have more boxes, already at the museum from a rescue that Kelly L. and I did a few years ago, containing another huge batch of Osborne software and manuals.

      Hopefully between these two collections we'll have at least one working boot disk. :) (And assuming that we do, then we can make copies. I recall they were in demand on this list a month or two ago.)

      I forget how many Osborne 1 systems we have post-VCF East 8.0. I think there are four or five. I'll test them Saturday. Then I'll focus on cleaning whichever ones work, and will put those aside for Lee to autograph.

      We also have some boxes of Osborne hardware -- assorted peripherals, Tandon hard drives, etc. -- so we'll consolidate all of that into one place.

      Lee's visit seems like a good excuse to do this. It's something I can work on while Degnan and the advanced guys logically probe themselves. ;)
    • Mike Loewen
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 25 4:46 AM
        On Mon, 25 Jun 2012, Evan Koblentz wrote:

        > Lee's visit seems like a good excuse to do this. It's something I can
        > work on while Degnan and the advanced guys logically probe themselves.
        > ;)

        I prefer to logically analyze myself.

        Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      • s100doctor
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 25 9:40 AM

          Mike Loewen <mloewen@...> wrote:

          > I prefer to logically analyze myself.

          "Probes"? Evan, you didn't tell me that MARCH had some of that left-over, military-captured, alien technology from when the Army left Camp Evans! Are we going to "probe" some cattle too, throw the carcasses in the back area of the grounds? Might get some press in the tabloids for that.

          "Experts gather at former Army base to dissect alien technology and examine cattle mutilation evidence....alien abductees seek answers to probes...."

          A witness said: "I drove past abandoned Camp Evans one night....woke up the next day and my Commodore 64 computer was mysteriously working again....smelled like burning metal...."

          Herb Johnson
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 25 10:05 AM
            >> Evan, you didn't tell me that MARCH had some of that left-over, military-captured, alien technology from when the Army left Camp Evans!

            Geez, Herb, it's because I knew you could not keep a secret. :)
          • Jeffrey Brace
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 25 10:45 PM
              >A witness said: "I drove past abandoned Camp Evans one night....woke up the
              >next day and my Commodore 64 computer was mysteriously working
              >again....smelled like burning metal...."

              Is that all I have to do to make it work again ? Stick an alien cattle prod
              into the C64 ? ;)

              Jeff B
            • s100doctor
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 26 7:57 AM

                Note that this thread is not an example of *unintentional* thread drift, a subject in another thread. Jeff, do a Web search on "cattle mutilations", to see how "probes" are related to "cattle" and of course "aliens".

                Herb