the ex-cons!

  • Jeff Jonas
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 24, 2012
      I worked at Concurrent Computer Corp for 2 years at the Tinton Falls facility. They were a well established company that manufactured equipment (previously Perkin Elmer, interdata) and real-time operating systems. Tinton Falls was the R&D, software facility; Oceanport was manufacturing, testing, Q/A.

      Most of the NJ facilities closed in the early 90s. But many folks are fiercely devoted to the good work they did and their colleagues, so we had a reunion on Saturday June 23.

      Larry Hyde donated a real live Concurrent Stock certificate to MARCH, currently valued at about $12. I'm frustrated at how it has NO artwork like the old ones, not even the company logo.

      I've got to catch up with Margaret again for an audio or video interview. She wove the core memory, and brought along some of her work, as well as chip jewelry from long ago.

      Some folks have already visited MARCH and know of our Concurrent/P-E machines, others heard of MARCH and will be more inclined to visit. And there was the usual cry of "I've got some stuff in my basement you may like".

      -- jeff jonas
    • Jeffrey Brace
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 24, 2012
        > so we had a reunion on Saturday June 23.

        That's great ! Hope that you had fun !

        >Larry Hyde donated a real live Concurrent Stock certificate to MARCH,
        >currently valued at about $12. I'm frustrated at how it has NO artwork like
        >the old ones, not even the company logo.

        It's great to highlight local history !

        Jeff B