Re: [midatlanticretro] Time Machine

  • Neil Cherry
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 23, 2012
      On 06/23/2012 05:36 PM, Bill Dromgoole wrote:

      > I've never had any luck with braid for desoldering.

      For working with surface mount, a good wick can't be beat for
      cleanup.

      > I like the solder sucker.
      > I use the plastic one I think is from OK industries.

      I have one of these too, one thing I did though was to for a
      dent in the tip so I could get the tip on the work and the
      sucker would form a decent 'seal' to remove as much as possible.

      I have reworked enough board to save the sucked solder that I
      had a puddle about the size of 2 $50 coins. :-)

      I haven't worked the lead free stuff yet. Though I do have a
      nice Medcal SP200 for lead free and my old trusty Weller TC202
      for leaded work.

      http://www.linuxha.com/ Main site
      http://linuxha.blogspot.com/ My HA Blog