dopey CP/M question

  • Chris M
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2006
      does cpm have prompts like MS-DOS (a: ,b: ...). I just
      cant seem to remember. I recently posted on classiccmp
      about a strange pc I saw in a thrift store years ago.
      I assumed it to be a DOS machine, but Im having
      doubts. Im thinking it was either running cpm or was a
      z80 machine with an 80x86 add on card.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Degnan
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 28, 2006
        CP/M prompts:

        etc.

        Bill D

        At Tuesday, 28 February 2006, you wrote:

        >does cpm have prompts like MS-DOS (a: ,b: ...). I just
        >cant seem to remember. I recently posted on classiccmp
        >about a strange pc I saw in a thrift store years ago.
        >I assumed it to be a DOS machine, but Im having
        >doubts. Im thinking it was either running cpm or was a
        >z80 machine with an 80x86 add on card.

        -- E N D --
      • Chris M
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1 4:28 PM
          that's actually what I meant Bill. The drive letter
          followed by the colon is how you make that drive
          active. I learned how to do it last night!

          http://mail.yahoo.com