Winston the dog ...

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 19, 2012
      Sad news for the whole InfoAge community ... Steve's beloved golden retriever Winston died in his sleep last night.

      Anyone who's spent time at InfoAge knew Winston -- he was the happiest dog I ever met. I can't recall a single time when he did not greet us with a wagging tail, wet tennis ball, and begging to be petted just a little longer.

      I will miss him.

      Steve buried Winston outside of the telecom building, where Winston often sat, awaiting new friends to play with.

      InfoAge will be a bit less fun without him.
    • Neil Cherry
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 19, 2012
        On 06/19/2012 02:02 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:

        > Sad news for the whole InfoAge community ... Steve's beloved golden retriever Winston died
        > in his sleep last night.
        >
        > Anyone who's spent time at InfoAge knew Winston -- he was the happiest dog I ever met. I
        > can't recall a single time when he did not greet us with a wagging tail, wet tennis ball,
        > and begging to be petted just a little longer.
        >
        > I will miss him.
        >
        > Steve buried Winston outside of the telecom building, where Winston often sat, awaiting
        > new friends to play with.
        >
        > InfoAge will be a bit less fun without him.

        Sad news for any pet lover.

        http://www.linuxha.com/ Main site
        http://linuxha.blogspot.com/ My HA Blog
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 19, 2012
          On 06/19/2012 02:02 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
          > Sad news for the whole InfoAge community ... Steve's beloved golden retriever Winston died in his sleep last night.
          >
          > Anyone who's spent time at InfoAge knew Winston -- he was the happiest dog I ever met. I can't recall a single time when he did not greet us with a wagging tail, wet tennis ball, and begging to be petted just a little longer.
          >
          > I will miss him.
          >
          > Steve buried Winston outside of the telecom building, where Winston often sat, awaiting new friends to play with.
          >
          > InfoAge will be a bit less fun without him.

          :-(

          R.I.P. Winston.

          Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
          New Kensington, PA
        • corey986
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 19, 2012
            My kids will be heartbroken... They loved Winston...
            :-(

            I will have to break the news to them so they don't go looking for him on the weekend.

            -Corey

          • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 19, 2012
              "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> writes:

              >Sad news for the whole InfoAge community ... Steve's beloved golden
              >retriever Winston died in his sleep last night.
              >
              >Anyone who's spent time at InfoAge knew Winston -- he was the happiest
              >dog I ever met. I can't recall a single time when he did not greet us
              >with a wagging tail, wet tennis ball, and begging to be petted just a
              >little longer.
              >
              >I will miss him.
              >
              >Steve buried Winston outside of the telecom building, where Winston
              >often sat, awaiting new friends to play with.
              >
              >InfoAge will be a bit less fun without him.

              Sad. Maybe his final resting place could be marked with a wet tennis ball?

              I lost my Sheltie (Starlet.MLB was her AKC registered name but most called
              her just Starlet) two years ago, so I'm sure I know how Steve is feeling.
            • joshbensadon
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 19, 2012
                Hi Steve,

                Sorry about your dog man! I've lost many animals, it's the only thing in life that doesn't get any easier. May Winston now rest in peace.

                Sincerely,
                Josh

                > Sad news for the whole InfoAge community ... Steve's beloved golden retriever Winston died in his sleep last night.
                >
                > Anyone who's spent time at InfoAge knew Winston -- he was the happiest dog I ever met. I can't recall a single time when he did not greet us with a wagging tail, wet tennis ball, and begging to be petted just a little longer.
                >
                > I will miss him.
                >
                > Steve buried Winston outside of the telecom building, where Winston often sat, awaiting new friends to play with.
                >
                > InfoAge will be a bit less fun without him.

              • Jeffrey Brace
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 19, 2012
                  >Sad news for the whole InfoAge community ... Steve's beloved golden
                  >retriever Winston died in his sleep last night.

                  Yes, he will be missed ! Such a fun dog !

                  At least he lived a long life and made many others happy :)

                  Jeff B