Can you id these?

    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 15, 2012
      http://vintagecomputer.net/pictures/2012/DegnanCoVintageComputers2012-pic2.gif
    • joshbensadon
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 15, 2012

        > http://vintagecomputer.net/pictures/2012/DegnanCoVintageComputers2012-pic2.gif

        I must hang my head in shame! For I cannot identify more than 4.
        Osborne 1, Kaypro II, TRS-80 Model I and Commodore C64. Or is it a VIC-20? I guess that makes it only 3... oddly enough I own both a C64 and VIC-20 but can't tell which one is on display.

        Nice game, I will stand down to the next guy that can name 5 computers.

        :) Josh
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 16, 2012
          I know many of them, because many used to be mine and I sold them to Bill. :) Others are difficult to determine on my phone ...

          Let's see ....

          Top row, L to R: (iPad?); Grid Compass (or is that the Gavilan?); C64; half shelf above/right: some kind of Palm or Handspring; an AT&T EO 440; and a later Grid in the middle.

          Next two half-rows on left: TRS-80; some sort of speech-enabled gadget (I forget its name); below those: Teleram T-3000 (light colored laptop with the tiny screen); Grid Compass 1101; DG One (guessing from the tan-colored bag); and a Mac obviously.

          Bottom row: Kaypro; another Mac; Osborne.

          Bow before me, Josh B.!!! :)
        • joshbensadon
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 16, 2012

            > Bow before me, Josh B.!!! :)

            Oh master, I am not worthy for I have never been to a VCF!
          • Mike Loewen
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 16, 2012
              On Fri, 15 Jun 2012, B. Degnan wrote:

              > http://vintagecomputer.net/pictures/2012/DegnanCoVintageComputers2012-pic2.gif

              From left to right:

              Poster
              Table
              Display Case
              Plant
              Chair

              How'd I do? :-)

              Mike Loewen mloewen@...
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 16, 2012
                >> Poster Table Display Case Plant. Chair

                HA!!!! Very good.
              • Mr Ian Primus
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 16, 2012
                  --- On Fri, 6/15/12, B. Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

                  > http://vintagecomputer.net/pictures/2012/DegnanCoVintageComputers2012-
                  > pic2.gif

                  OK... let me try. I'm not good with the tablet/portable computers though - that's probably Evan's department there...

                  From left to right.

                  Top shelf:
                  Handspring Visor
                  IBM tablet computer (and two other early pen computers, one looks IBM, the other?)

                  Next shelf:
                  Toshiba "clamshell" portable PC (don't know the model)
                  Commodore 64
                  Toy typewriter - (Tom Thumb?)
                  two fairly early "webcams"

                  Next Shelf:
                  TRS-80 Model I
                  Sony Watchman portable television

                  Next Shelf:
                  Old desk calculator of some kind
                  One-line LCD terminal (Motorola AlphaMate?)
                  Some other little portable computer (hey, not my area of expertise)
                  Late model TI Silent 700 portable terminal in case
                  Macintosh Classic (or Classic II, same case)

                  Bottom Shelf:
                  Kaypro II
                  Macintosh SE (dual floppy drive model)
                  Oddly out of place Mac mouse, early style, for 128k/512k/Plus
                  Osborne 1
                  Can't make out the device at the far right, could be a walkie talkie, or a very old cell phone. Kind of looks like a Motorola walkie talkie though.

                  -Ian
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 16, 2012
                    Evan
                    You're mistaken, none of these items are from the collection you sold me, but you may have given me the GRiD Pad separately (the pad in the middle three on the top shelf), or someone at MARCH did.  Most of these items were given to me by customers or people associated with the shop.  I did not buy any of them.

                    So, if you subtract the incorrect guesses, technically Josh is still winning :-)

                    I will post a legend asap.

                    Bill

                    I know many of them, because many used to be mine and I sold them to Bill. :) Others are difficult to determine on my phone ...

                    Let's see ....

                    Top row, L to R: (iPad?); Grid Compass (or is that the Gavilan?); C64; half shelf above/right: some kind of Palm or Handspring; an AT&T EO 440; and a later Grid in the middle.

                    Next two half-rows on left: TRS-80; some sort of speech-enabled gadget (I forget its name); below those: Teleram T-3000 (light colored laptop with the tiny screen); Grid Compass 1101; DG One (guessing from the tan-colored bag); and a Mac obviously.

                    Bottom row: Kaypro; another Mac; Osborne.

                    Bow before me, Josh B.!!! :)

                    <*> Your email settings:
                    Individual Email | Traditional

                    <*> To change settings online go to: