T2K disks

  • Chris M
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 27, 2006
      I seem to even recall reading those disks in a 1.2
      under win2k (how fitting!). Tvdog has a utility on his
      site (originally came with the T3Ks dos) that reads
      those disks. Even an old AST 286 could read those
      quads. The file system only differs slightly from a
      rotm 720k disk. Why not try making new images with
      TeldDisk 2.11 LIKE I ORIGINALLY TOLD YOU!!! And use a
      basic setup...no catweasel. Look for the zap utility
      first though.
      --- HOn3@yahoogroups.com <bdunlevy@...> wrote:
      > There just happens to be some of the Vintage
      reproductions cable on Ebay.
      > They have the (1)#336-8 FT.0.018 Dia.,(2)#335-8
      FT.0.012 Dia.7 Strand

      http://cgi.ebay.com/HO-HOn3-HOn30-TO-O-RUSTY-SCALE-CABLE-FSM_W0QQitemZ6039850980QQcategoryZ484QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

      > Hope this helps.
      >
      > Bruce

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Kelly Leavitt
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 27, 2006

        This is a basic setup, although I'm using ID, not TD and not the catweasel.
        I even pulled the catweasel for some other testing I'm doing. This test was
        to see if the images were bit compatible with the ds/dd 3.5" format. I have
        now proved to my satisfaction that these images are not bit compatible with
        3.5" DS/DD.

        I'll try teledisk when I get a chance, but I doubt the results will differ
        from ImageDisk. They are functionally identical for the purpose of these
        test (TD and ID). I've never had any sucess with TeleDisk and mixed formats.
        I'll also try the utility on TVDog.

        Ultimately, someone with a t2k will have to try them. Time to get out the
        multimeter and figure out where the powersupply is dead on mine.

        From now on, let's take this off the MARCH list until we come up with
        something that works. As I try things I'll bounce the results off your way.
        If we can figure out a combination that works, we can then fill everyone
        else in. I'm sure we're boring some of the members.

        Anyone else on MARCH have a t2k and would like to be kept up to date?