Evan and Cory on CNN.com

  • Bill Dromgoole
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 14, 2012
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 14, 2012
        Thanks for posting. CNN producer promised to give me a heads-up about when it'd be on TV and online ... she didn't. I will watch that as soon as I get home (in about 45-60 minutes from now).

        Did anyone actually see this on TV yet?
      • Neil Cherry
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 14, 2012
          On 06/14/2012 06:46 PM, Bill Dromgoole wrote:

          > the supreme commander is on CNN!!!
          >
          > http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_t2#/video/bestoftv/2012/06/14/pkg-maggie-lake-apple-auction.cnn

          Hey that came out very nice! Good job Corey and Evan.

          http://www.linuxha.com/ Main site
          http://linuxha.blogspot.com/ My HA Blog
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 14, 2012
            Ps, someone please capture the video and send me the file in any common / open format.

            From: "Bill Dromgoole" <drummy@...>
            Sender: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 18:46:11 -0400
            To: <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>
            Subject: [midatlanticretro] Evan and Cory on CNN.com

            the supreme commander is on CNN!!!

            BillDrom
          • Matt Patoray
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 14, 2012
              Nice job Cory and Evan! I can imagine THAT will be the last time we see Evan in a shirt and tie!

              Video looked good too, at least on my iPhone.

              Matt

              Sent from my iPhone

            • corey986
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 14, 2012
                Thanks!!!

                They filmed a lot more and told us that it will be part of the CNN library footage. So you may see other bits of us for years to come!!!!

                Seriously I find it funny the evil computer part is the piece they latched on from all my talking. The 8th graders a few weeks back also were drawn in by the same idea.

                Anyone want to watch Colossus, the Forbin Project

                --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Matt Patoray <mspatoray@...> wrote:

                > Nice job Cory and Evan! I can imagine THAT will be the last time we see Evan in a shirt and tie!
                >
                > Video looked good too, at least on my iPhone.
                >
                > Matt
                >
                > Sent from my iPhone
                >
                > On Jun 14, 2012, at 6:46 PM, "Bill Dromgoole" <drummy@...> wrote:
                >
                > > the supreme commander is on CNN!!!
                > >
                > > http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_t2#/video/bestoftv/2012/06/14/pkg-maggie-lake-apple-auction.cnn
                > >

                > > BillDrom

              • Neil Cherry
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 14, 2012
                  On 06/14/2012 09:21 PM, corey986 wrote:

                  > Thanks!!!
                  >
                  > They filmed a lot more and told us that it will be part of the CNN library footage. So you
                  > may see other bits of us for years to come!!!!
                  >
                  > Seriously I find it funny the evil computer part is the piece they latched on from all my
                  > talking. The 8th graders a few weeks back also were drawn in by the same idea.
                  >
                  > Anyone want to watch Colossus, the Forbin Project

                  Maybe Demon Seed? ;-)

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 14, 2012
                    Girlfriend called me just now and said News 12 NJ mentioned the
                    Sotheby's auction during their hour-long broadcast tonight (vs. their
                    30-minute edition). She said they very briefly used recycled footage of
                    me from last year's Steve Jobs story. I'll tune in for their 11pm repeat
                    tonight; she said it's on around 10 minutes into the show.

                    Here's the version from last year (before Ian P. fixed the video problem
                    with our Apple II by borrowing a chip for a II+):
                    http://www.snarc.net/news12.mpg
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jun 14, 2012
                      > Girlfriend called me just now and said News 12 NJ mentioned the Sotheby's auction during their hour-long broadcast tonight (vs. their
                      > 30-minute edition). She said they very briefly used recycled footage of me from last year's Steve Jobs story. I'll tune in for their 11pm repeat tonight; she said it's on around 10 minutes into the show.
                      >
                      > Here's the version from last year (before Ian P. fixed the video problem with our Apple II by borrowing a chip for a II+):
                      > http://www.snarc.net/news12.mpg

                      Update -- News12 showed part of the CNN clip, not last year's stuff.
                      They probably have some kind of content-sharing deal with CNN. But
                      unlike the original CNN piece, News12 mentioned how InfoAge is in Wall
                      Township, etc., and then the anchors joked about who'd spend that kind
                      of money on a computer that doesn't even play music? (Little do they
                      know ....)
                    • corey986
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jun 15, 2012
                        I'm offended, I spent some time figuring out how to get the Apple-1 to play twinkle twinkle little star controlling the flip flop in the cassette adapter through an external speaker/amplifier. LOL

                        I even displayed a special "audio" buffer at VCF designed just for this purpose by Dr. Wendell Sander, a very early Apple Engineer.

                        Maybe we have to get News-12 to come back to InfoAge and we can educate them.

                        Cheers,
                        Corey

                        > > Girlfriend called me just now and said News 12 NJ mentioned the Sotheby's auction during their hour-long broadcast tonight (vs. their
                        > > 30-minute edition). She said they very briefly used recycled footage of me from last year's Steve Jobs story. I'll tune in for their 11pm repeat tonight; she said it's on around 10 minutes into the show.
                        > >
                        > > Here's the version from last year (before Ian P. fixed the video problem with our Apple II by borrowing a chip for a II+):
                        > > http://www.snarc.net/news12.mpg
                        >
                        > Update -- News12 showed part of the CNN clip, not last year's stuff.
                        > They probably have some kind of content-sharing deal with CNN. But
                        > unlike the original CNN piece, News12 mentioned how InfoAge is in Wall
                        > Township, etc., and then the anchors joked about who'd spend that kind
                        > of money on a computer that doesn't even play music? (Little do they
                        > know ....)

                      • corey986
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jun 15, 2012
                          There are so many...