Re: Summer workshop

  • s100doctor
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 13, 2012
      "Jeffrey Brace" <ark72axow@...> wrote:

      > From: B. Degnan

      > >Yah...how about the first weekend of August? BTW - I would not mind if we
      > >met at InfoAge and had a workshop weekend the same weekend Lee came, he
      > >might find it interesting.
      >
      > I think that a fixit weekend would be fantastic at Infoage ! The main reason
      > I joined MARCH was so that I could learn more about vintage computers, share
      > my interest with other enthusiasts and repair these things ! There are
      > basically two times a year when many MARCHins meet: VCF and Holiday Party. I
      > often wish there were more times when more would come.
      >
      > I don't know much about Lee, but I look forward to the talk that he will
      > give.
      >
      > Jeff Brace

      Well, I gave my opinion about the idea; the workshop I had in mind would not compete with other MARCH or Infoage events, and be located convenient to the handful of participants. But there's nothing wrong with a MARCH event on its own merits.

      It looks like Bill Degnan and Evan will combine Lee Felsenstein, one of the Radio Club repair meetings (which I pointed out as occuring), and the idea of a MARCH repair event. There's another discussion thread where Bill is organizing all that. Those interested should go to that thread.

      It would be sour grapes for me to not support this idea. I'll see what I can bring as a simple project, if I can schedule my participation. Another day, some other people including myself, may organize some other event along the lines I suggested. I'd do so myself, near Trenton/Princeton, except I'd need to rent space and consider overnight accommodations for the participants.

      Herb Johnson