RE: [midatlanticretro] An imaging program suggestion

  • Kelly Leavitt
    Message 1 of 33 , Feb 27, 2006

      Why do you need a degausser? Wouldn't ID work if you used format? Maybe if
      you ran it several times.

      > exactly does it take to test FORTRAN???
      A short fortran program?
    • William Pechter
      Message 33 of 33 , Mar 5, 2006
        I'd tend to figure it for AUI 15 pin rather than the  old thinnet T connector or  RJ45.  I know they used the 6 pin RJ connector for serial terminal -- perhaps they even had rj45 Cat3/5 ethernet.  I think Starlan10 was Cat5 ethernet and I think that pre-dates the 3b2/300 and 400 so they might have been just Cat 3 or Cat5 cables at that time.

        Jim Scheef <jscheef@...> wrote:
        Bill,

        Your help will be greatly appreciated. I hope to give them a try here at home
        first with a friend who worked with them at AT&T. The units came with lots of
        AT&T documentation. The donor assumes they do not have any ethernet
        capabilities but I have not had time to look at the connectors on the back. I
        figure the ethernet adapter would have a 15-pin 'D connector' for a
        transceiver (not cheapernet!). Am I right?

        Jim

        --- William Pechter <bpechter@...> wrote:

        > If you need help getting it set up let me know.
        >
        > Make sure you get the root password... saves having to break in to it.
        >
        > The tough thing to find on those is the ethernet and TCP/IP software
        > and license.
        >
        > Bill
        >
        > --- Jim Scheef <jscheef@...> wrote:
        >
        > > One of my fellow DACS members (Danbury Area Computer Society -
        > > dacs.org) has
        > > donated two 3B2 computers, an expansion chassis, a graphics terminal
        > > and a
        > > bunch of software to MARCH. I'll bring it down on my next trip. This
        > > is all
        > > supposed to be in working condition and could be the basis for the
        > > interactive terminals I envision for the museum. It includes
        > > documentation
        > > for the UNIX System V Rel. 3 that is supposed to be installed. Using
        > > this to
        > > drive the terminals would help provide some "NJ" flavor to the
        > > exhibits.
        > >
        > > Jim

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS