Re: [midatlanticretro] Zenith Z-100

  • Chris M
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 26, 2006
      apparently youre right Jim. I thought I had read
      something to the comtrary in a Byte article, but I
      guess either I or the commentator or both were daffy.
      --- midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      <jscheef@...> wrote:
      > Chris,
      >
      > There is no such thing as a color All-in-One Z-100.
      The All-in-One was
      > monochrome 640x400. The color Z-100's used a
      separate monitor and yes, the
      > Z-100 has S-100 bus slots on a PC-like system board.
      >
      > Jim
      >
      > --- Chris M <chrism3667@...> wrote:
      >
      > > ok. So its the vanilla pc version. I have
      something
      > > close, a little beat up, possibly a Z-148 (not kit
      > > built). Dont think I have the keyboard :(. What I
      > > really really want though is a color all in one
      Z-100.
      > > From what I understand they utilized the s-100
      bus.
      > > --- midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      > > <madodel@...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > No, actually a Heath 151 which was a kit clone
      of
      > > the original PC. I would
      > > > guess though that Zenith probably had a version
      of
      > > Microsoft's Multiplan
      > > > for the Z100.
      > > >
      > > > Mark

      > > programs
      might
      of
      > > the
      thats
      to be
      for
      > > OS/2.
      > > know

      > > October

      computing,

      the
      > > becomes
      essence,
      > > is
      > > proposing

      > > > --
      > > >
      > > > From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel
      > > >
      > > > Warpstock 2006 - Windsor, Ontario, Canada,
      October
      > > 12-15th,
      > > > http://www.warpstock.org
      > > > Warpstock Europe - http://www.warpstock.net
      > > >

      > > > For a choice in the future of personal
      computing,
      > > Join VOICE -
      > > > http://www.os2voice.org
      > > >
      > > > "The liberty of a democracy is not safe if
      the
      > > people tolerate the
      > > > growth of private power to a point where it
      becomes
      > > stronger than their
      > > > democratic State itself. That in it's essence,
      is
      > > Fascism - ownership of
      > > > government by an individual, by a group or by
      any
      > > controlling private
      > > > power." Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Message
      proposing
      > > the Monopoly
      > > > Investigation, 1938

      protection around