Re: [midatlanticretro] OT: Electric Dreams, Movie

  • Mr Ian Primus
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 10, 2012
      --- On Sat, 6/9/12, Jim <jkalin196511@...> wrote:

      > Anyone remember this movie?  The computer in the movie
      > looked like it had two of older style Apple II disk drives
      > connected to it.

      Oh yes, I definitely remember this movie. I brought it to the Festivus. On Betamax even. Quite possibly the only time I've ever wired a Beta machine into a video projector.

      It's definitely worth watching - but remember - it wasn't released on DVD (at least not in this country). There was probably a reason...

      The computer in the movie is a complete fabrication. The monitor is something they made up for the film, the disk drives are Apple Disk II units. The keyboard is a DEC LK201. The main computer unit appears to be a fabrication, although it may have been based on the housing for a printer.

      One of the more interesting scenes is the one inside the computer store. You can spot many real computers - and if you look real close there's a BBC Micro on the shelf. Why, I'm not sure, since this supposedly took place in the US...

      -Ian