TV alert!

    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 5, 2012
      I'm going to be on CNN. They're filming at InfoAge tomorrow and interviewing me about Apple.

      They wrote:

      >> The topics of our piece would be around Apple computer innovation throughout history. Keep in mind we are doing this on the eve of the Sotheby's auction, so we are working on a piece surrounding that. The story will air first on CNN International, but once it gets ingested in our system it is available to all networks. CNN.com will publish it within the first 24 hours after it airs, and then usually CNN/USA will pick up the story as well, but you never know until they do. I am going to keep people updated on air dates, etc.
    • Christian Liendo
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 5, 2012
        Congrats..

        They wrote:

        >> The topics of our piece would be around Apple computer innovation throughout history. Keep in mind we are doing this on the eve of the Sotheby's auction, so we are working on a piece surrounding that. The story will air first on CNN International, but once it gets ingested in our system it is available to all networks. CNN.com will publish it within the first 24 hours after it airs, and then usually CNN/USA will pick up the story as well, but you never know until they do. I am going to keep people updated on air dates, etc.

      • Dmmmmcom
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 5, 2012
          Way cool Evan. I knew you were a star!

          They wrote:

          >> The topics of our piece would be around Apple computer innovation throughout history. Keep in mind we are doing this on the eve of the Sotheby's auction, so we are working on a piece surrounding that. The story will air first on CNN International, but once it gets ingested in our system it is available to all networks. CNN.com will publish it within the first 24 hours after it airs, and then usually CNN/USA will pick up the story as well, but you never know until they do. I am going to keep people updated on air dates, etc.

          =
        • Dan Roganti
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 5, 2012

            On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 12:41 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:
            I'm going to be on CNN. They're filming at InfoAge tomorrow and interviewing me about Apple.

            sweet, knock 'em dead

            but now, no t-shirt this time
            no snorting while on camera
            and keep the Yiddish on the down low ;)

            =Dan
             _  ____
            / \__/
            Scotty, We Need More Power !!
            \_/ _\__ Aye, Cap'n, but we've only got 80 col's !

            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 5, 2012
              MARCH owns a perfectly working Newton MessagePad 2100. I'm going to use
              it in the interview tomorrow. It's tablet-y, especially when you rotate
              the display 90 degrees.
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 5, 2012
                How do I delete a note in Newton OS? I can't seem to figure it out.
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 5, 2012
                  On 06/06/2012 12:36 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
                  > How do I delete a note in Newton OS? I can't seem to figure it out.

                  It's been ages since I used one, but I believe you just scribble over it.

                  Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 5, 2012
                    > How do I delete a note in Newton OS? I can't seem to figure it out.

                    And ... figured it out (you tap the 'envelope' icon -- I thought that
                    was only for sending mail/faxes, but it means 'route' the file to any
                    destination including the trash.). Love the built-in help file that is
                    actually helpful!
                  • corey986
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 6, 2012
                      Well Evan was dressed very nicely and even had a TIE!!!
                      I'll let Evan post about how well it went, but we both had a blast with the camera.

                      Cheers,
                      Corey

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 6, 2012
                        Yup -- it went very well; Corey and I made a good team. It was more of a long conversation with CNN's reporter than a formal interview.

                        They said it'll air "sometime next week"; details not yet determined.

                        Corey also improved our Apple 1 and Apple II exhibits today. For the 1, he brought a stand to raise the monitor, which also created a nice home for the cassette player that Jeff J. donated last weekend. For the II, he brought us an Apple Cat modem, which again complements Jeff J.'s donation of the original box for that.