Re: Daniel Kotke / Apple // videos?

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 26 , Jun 4, 2012
      Hi,

      My out of date Sony HI-8 video camera has a firewire interface built in - you can stream directly into an out of date Mac that still has firewire using iMovie.

      Regards,
      Mike Willegal

      > On 5/7/2012 1:49 PM, Jeremy wrote:
      > > Are the Daniel Kotke and/or the Care of your Apple // videos available
      > > anywhere at this point? Thanks in advance.
      >
      > >I could only tape BIl Herd's workshop - and both Keynote lectures. There
      >
      > I recorded the Apple // workshop. I am copying from Hi-8 to DVD, then
      > ripping from DVD to .avi. I'm not sure if this will degrade the quality, but
      > it is the only way I know how to get it from Hi-8 tape to PC. Does anyone
      > have any method of directly copying from Hi-8 to PC ? Which program can I
      > use ?
      >
      > Also Dan R., what's the latest on your videos ?
      >
      > ----Jeff Brace

    • Bill Dromgoole
      Message 2 of 26 , Jun 4, 2012
        According to the Sony user manual at
        http://www.docs.sony.com/release/DCRTRV240.pdf
        the DV connector is a 4 pin IEEE 1394 or Apple iLink connector.

        This cable looks suitable and is only $2.04
        http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=103&cp_id=10301&cs_id=1030101&p_id=1475&seq=1&format=2