Re: [midatlanticretro] Daniel Kotke / Apple // videos?

  • Ben Greenfield
    Message 1 of 26 , Jun 4, 2012

      Message 2 of 26 , Jun 4, 2012
        Hi,

        My out of date Sony HI-8 video camera has a firewire interface built in - you can stream directly into an out of date Mac that still has firewire using iMovie.

        Regards,
        Mike Willegal

        > On 5/7/2012 1:49 PM, Jeremy wrote:
        > > Are the Daniel Kotke and/or the Care of your Apple // videos available
        > > anywhere at this point? Thanks in advance.
        >
        > >I could only tape BIl Herd's workshop - and both Keynote lectures. There
        >
        > I recorded the Apple // workshop. I am copying from Hi-8 to DVD, then
        > ripping from DVD to .avi. I'm not sure if this will degrade the quality, but
        > it is the only way I know how to get it from Hi-8 tape to PC. Does anyone
        > have any method of directly copying from Hi-8 to PC ? Which program can I
        > use ?
        >
        > Also Dan R., what's the latest on your videos ?
        >
        > ----Jeff Brace

      • Bill Dromgoole
        Message 3 of 26 , Jun 4, 2012
          According to the Sony user manual at
          http://www.docs.sony.com/release/DCRTRV240.pdf
          the DV connector is a 4 pin IEEE 1394 or Apple iLink connector.

          This cable looks suitable and is only $2.04
          http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=103&cp_id=10301&cs_id=1030101&p_id=1475&seq=1&format=2

          >>Use windows movie maker. Plug hi 8 device into your firewire port if you
          >>have one. Read your video >player manual for details...assuming its a Sony
          >
          > No firewire. It *is* Sony and model is: DCRTRV240. I know that years ago on
          > my old computer I connected with USB, but have been unable to find software
          > that will work with Windows 7. It's hard to find, since most software is
          > oriented towards digital format, not tape. It also has an audio/video jack
          > which I use to connect to DVD. And there is S-Video and DV In/Out, which I
          > have no idea about.
        • Matt Patoray