OT: Subject Codes, OT?

  • joshbensadon
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 3, 2012
      > Be sure to put "OT:" in the subject line of off-topic messages.
      >
      > This is important!

      LoL, I am such a newbie! I didn't even know what OT: was! Are there any other subject codes I should know about?

      Thanks for the notice and sorry for the inconvenience.
      Josh
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 3, 2012
        >> Be sure to put "OT:" in the subject line of off-topic messages.
        >>
        >> This is important!
        >>
        > LoL, I am such a newbie! I didn't even know what OT: was! Are there any other subject codes I should know about?
        >
        > Thanks for the notice and sorry for the inconvenience.

        It's okay. Not sure if our FAQ explains this; I'll edit as needed.

        The idea is that we allow (occasional) off-topicness, as long as the
        subject lines are prefaced, so people can filter such messages if desired.
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 3, 2012
          On 06/03/2012 09:51 PM, joshbensadon wrote:
          > Does anyone know of a good proxy server that I can use for searching Ebay items from a US IP address?

          I don't know of any, but I do have an instance of Squid running on my
          network for local use. I'd be happy to let you squirt your traffic
          through it if that would be helpful.

          Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
          New Kensington, PA
        • Branedy
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 4, 2012
            If you need a proxy, I have one running at tanagra.branedy.net it's a bit quirky, but you'll see the world from Ireland.

            RJ
          • joshbensadon
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 4, 2012
              --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Branedy <branedy@...> wrote:
              > If you need a proxy, I have one running at tanagra.branedy.net it's a bit quirky, but you'll see the world from Ireland.
              >
              > RJ

              Thanks! I'll give it a try later. Will it make the world look like it does after a few pints at the bar? ;)
            • Jason Howe
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 4, 2012
                I have one running at http://proxy.smbfc.net, just point your browser
                there. It's slow, and doesn't do https, but it'll give you a view of the
                interwebs from North Jersey.

                --Jason

                Sent from Alpine

                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 4, 2012