Proxy Server

  • joshbensadon
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 3, 2012
      Does anyone know of a good proxy server that I can use for searching Ebay items from a US IP address?
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 3, 2012
        > Does anyone know of a good proxy server that I can use for searching Ebay items from a US IP address?

        Be sure to put "OT:" in the subject line of off-topic messages.

        This is important!
      • joshbensadon
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 3, 2012
          > Be sure to put "OT:" in the subject line of off-topic messages.
          >
          > This is important!

          LoL, I am such a newbie! I didn't even know what OT: was! Are there any other subject codes I should know about?

          Thanks for the notice and sorry for the inconvenience.
          Josh
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 3, 2012
            >> Be sure to put "OT:" in the subject line of off-topic messages.
            >>
            >> This is important!
            >>
            > LoL, I am such a newbie! I didn't even know what OT: was! Are there any other subject codes I should know about?
            >
            > Thanks for the notice and sorry for the inconvenience.

            It's okay. Not sure if our FAQ explains this; I'll edit as needed.

            The idea is that we allow (occasional) off-topicness, as long as the
            subject lines are prefaced, so people can filter such messages if desired.
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 3, 2012
              On 06/03/2012 09:51 PM, joshbensadon wrote:
              > Does anyone know of a good proxy server that I can use for searching Ebay items from a US IP address?

              I don't know of any, but I do have an instance of Squid running on my
              network for local use. I'd be happy to let you squirt your traffic
              through it if that would be helpful.

              Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
              New Kensington, PA
            • Branedy
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 4, 2012
                If you need a proxy, I have one running at tanagra.branedy.net it's a bit quirky, but you'll see the world from Ireland.

                RJ
              • joshbensadon
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 4, 2012
                  --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Branedy <branedy@...> wrote:
                  > If you need a proxy, I have one running at tanagra.branedy.net it's a bit quirky, but you'll see the world from Ireland.
                  >
                  > RJ

                  Thanks! I'll give it a try later. Will it make the world look like it does after a few pints at the bar? ;)
                • Jason Howe
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 4, 2012
                    I have one running at http://proxy.smbfc.net, just point your browser
                    there. It's slow, and doesn't do https, but it'll give you a view of the
                    interwebs from North Jersey.

                    --Jason

                    Sent from Alpine

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 4, 2012