Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: I need a back up hard drive recommendation?

    Message 1 of 75 , Jun 1, 2012
      On 06/01/2012 11:03 PM, Matt Patoray wrote:
      > The eMac has USB 1.0 and FireWire 400. Internally it uses PATA.

      Well there you have it, thanks to Matt and Ray.

      This being the case, I'd recommend an "external" (grumble) drive with
      both USB and FireWire interfaces. USB really sucks as a mass-storage
      interface (despite its near-ubiquitous use as such...but remember,
      popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity!), so you'll want to use
      FireWire whenever possible, and fall back to USB on systems lacking
      FireWire.

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      Message 75 of 75 , Jun 11, 2014
        > I'm planning on bringing my disk imaging box with me to the workshop,
        > I'll bring the 8" drive as well. The Zenith Z100 uses 5 1/4" disks though.

        We're confusing things. :) Emmanuel's computer will be available to us
        at HOPE, not at the workshop this weekend.