Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: I need a back up hard drive recommendation?

  • Matt Patoray
    Message 1 of 75 , Jun 1, 2012
      The eMac has USB 1.0 and FireWire 400. Internally it uses PATA.

      Matt

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jun 1, 2012, at 10:25 PM, Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> wrote:

      On 06/01/2012 10:22 PM, dmmmmcom wrote:
      > Well I do have 2 mac books but nothing I can share a back up drive with.
      >
      > The LeCie designs are sweet! At the risk of sounding really stupid would you suggest 1TB or 2TBs. I have mostly family photos that need saving.

      Well...how much data do you have? ;)

      > I will call the company to make sure that it will be emac compatible before I order.

      Just look at which interfaces the eMac has. I'm guessing (without
      looking it up) that has USB, but no FireWire or eSATA.

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ

      Message 75 of 75 , Jun 11, 2014
        > I'm planning on bringing my disk imaging box with me to the workshop,
        > I'll bring the 8" drive as well. The Zenith Z100 uses 5 1/4" disks though.

        We're confusing things. :) Emmanuel's computer will be available to us
        at HOPE, not at the workshop this weekend.